Looking for a spot with large open rolling hills.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a location with large open areas and rolling hills.

Im not into the high marking and climbs.

Any suggestions?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have lots of large open areas here in Saskatchewan...even a few rolling hills...

All kidding aside, most would be amazed at some of the ridable country in the Central and Northern areas in the trees.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen alota nice country in sask ld like to ride..lots of good places on praries to ride...just need snow dang it

thiels2

Reaction score
A Few areas around Fernie have alot of rolling hills and tree riding. Look into coal creek. Very busy area but fun terrain with decent snow. I have heard they have had a brutal start to the year though.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Rolling Hills in Fernie is an awesome area to ride. Head west past the town of Fernie and left off the highway at the Morrisey staging area just before the tunnel. Ride the trail up from there and just before the right that takes you along the power line to the cabin you can go straight and there are some great hills off to the left and well as over to the right. Great play area for those who aren't into the high alpine riding. Don't know what the snow is like there this year so check out the reports first. I guess it depends on where in Alberta you home base is, but Calgary to Morrisey is just under 3 hours if you're just cruising. Done a few day trips down there and always a good time in the hills, meadows and trees there. Corbin staging area is closer but the pipeline ride up towards the cabin is a bit long depending how the snow is and whether it's all whooped up.

Check out the Fernie are in the Western Canadian Riding areas for snow reports.

Fernie Corbin.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rolling Hills in Fernie is an awesome area to ride. Head west past the town of Fernie and left off the highway at the Morrisey staging area just before the tunnel. Ride the trail up from there and just before the right that takes you along the power line to the cabin you can go straight and there are some great hills off to the left and well as over to the right. Great play area for those who aren't into the high alpine riding. Don't know what the snow is like there this year so check out the reports first. I guess it depends on where in Alberta you home base is, but Calgary to Morrisey is just under 3 hours if you're just cruising. Done a few day trips down there and always a good time in the hills, meadows and trees there. Corbin staging area is closer but the pipeline ride up towards the cabin is a bit long depending how the snow is and whether it's all whooped up.

Check out the Fernie are in the Western Canadian Riding areas for snow reports.

View attachment 181321

You can also stage at Coal Creek right in Fernie and ride the groomed trail to the Rolling Hills. 20 kms up to the Rolling Hills cabin and a large burn area with lots of gentle and not so gentle hills.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Private meadows at Boulder is nice and rolly and some sweet open area's back in Keystone as well.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greystokes around Kelowna area would work for you too. But I think that's getting a little far away.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys I've wrote these all down.

Top Bottom