Looking for a riding buddy

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Suppose to have snowed 13 cm the last 24 hrs.:) Time to get a ride in before everyone tracks it up this weekend.:beer:

Where are you hearing this...had friends skiing at Fernie till Sunday afternoon, and all I heard was complaining...I too thought there was snow in the area but cant seem to confirm...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Just checked the Fernie ski hill snow report...

Just when you were thinking about putting on your storage wax we have had 13cm overnight at the bear plot and it is currently snowing from tower 9 on the bear chair upwards.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Leave a little fresh for us, we cant get up there till Thur or Fri.:beep:

We wont be going until Friday either, where are you guys going to stage from?? We almost always stage from the yellow gates but I am so tired of the 6' deep moguls, but dont want to drive the extra 45mins to Fernie either...but maybe this time of year it is worth the drive...

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
corbin townsite was good on saturday, trai was smooth and there was alot of fresh to be found, i posted some pics in the i hope its alright to ask thread. I will be out again this saturday so any updated conditions throughout the week will be much appreciated.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We wont be going until Friday either, where are you guys going to stage from?? We almost always stage from the yellow gates but I am so tired of the 6' deep moguls, but dont want to drive the extra 45mins to Fernie either...but maybe this time of year it is worth the drive...

6' moguls, wow! I know my ol' bones would be driving the extra distance.

Just for information, I am grooming Coal Creek/Morrissey/Wrangler's tonight. Supposed to be -6C tonight (just checked and that has now changed to -2C). Should be cold enough up top for a great set-up!!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
6' moguls, wow! I know my ol' bones would be driving the extra distance.

Just for information, I am grooming Coal Creek/Morrissey/Wrangler's tonight. Supposed to be -6C tonight (just checked and that has now changed to -2C). Should be cold enough up top for a great set-up!!

Well, I might have exaggerated a little, but MY old bones make them 'feel' like they are 6', but they are definitely 2'+...not fun at all...

Its great once we reach the Fernie trails, the grooming has been fantastic! Real crappy getting to them though!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Now, the ride on #3 is pretty smooth so you doo have options....just a thought....

I know, I know...just hard to drive past and thinking that we could be riding instead of driving, but I think this might be the time...

How has the trail been to the Coal Creek staging area? Can we trailer to there or are we driving up the trail to find snow?

atac211

Reaction score
Hey longhorn, was there on Saturday and we staged out of the coal creek .when we were there we parked in the area just past the gun range and there was snow to that point, but a few people drove a couple hundred metres up the road and they were unloading on snow

Top Bottom