looking for a plasma cutter

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a tool to use or someone to do some work for you with a plasma? What area?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a big miller that I am happy with. Check out KMS. They always have sales on and good deals.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a big miller that I am happy with. Check out KMS. They always have sales on and good deals.

X2 they just had their big welding sale a few weeks ago, but every flyer has some welding stuff in it.
I just picked up a Miller Spectrum 1000 from my old boss, it was hooked up as 3 phase in our old shop, but I just have single phase out here. Awesome cutter, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Miller cutters. My .02. :)

Sent from my iPad

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 they just had their big welding sale a few weeks ago, but every flyer has some welding stuff in it.
I just picked up a Miller Spectrum 1000 from my old boss, it was hooked up as 3 phase in our old shop, but I just have single phase out here. Awesome cutter, in my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Miller cutters. My .02. :)

Sent from my iPad
Or welders..

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Thermal Dynamics and the welding and autobody shops at school used them too. They seem to work good and are fairly easy to use and not bad price for them either.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a peavy mart in your area go there and buy a Hobart. They are the same as a miller but cheaper. And tips and parts will be easier to get cause they are open later, welding supply places are only open till 430-5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a Hobart in the same quality as miller but they are good

Same thing man! All the whips and mig guns all say miller on them. And I get and my parts though the miller sales man at work and they are miller parts.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just the more expensive stuff or also the cheap stuff? Did miller buy them out?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my KMS flyer in the mail, they have a couple of plasma cutters on sale. I believe I saw some Hobart stuff on the Miller site.

Sent from my iPad

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just the more expensive stuff or also the cheap stuff? Did miller buy them out?

I think it there lower end stuff. More the stuff guys would have in there shops at home. Not your high end tog welders and stuff. But they do have the small bobcat gas powered welders that have Hobart on them to. I think it happened a few years ago. I got a Hobart Handler 210 mig welder and it works real good.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miller bought out Hobart quite awhile ago, and is considered their "2nd level" stuff. More price conscious, consumer oriented where as the Miller line is more industrial and higher end. Many of the consumables cross over which makes sense for costs.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Hypertherm powermax 1000 and love it, but not a very price conscious alternative unless you do allot of cutting.

Top Bottom