looking at new desiels

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as an automotive diesel tech all three engines are goon with out the emissions crap on them 90% of problems are gone with great fuel mielage increases for all three i have my own opinions of each truck that i dont like feature wise ford new headlights down low look ugly ( and i am a ford fan ) the gm interior looks cheap to me have changed numerous cruise switches for a fleet it looks poorly built interior wise but it rides nice for a skirt truck , the dodge body design is getting old never became fan of this body design needs a change im my opinion but engine wise in all three diesels i would buy any of them and eliminate emissions stuff just depends on price and what i want to do with the truck work would be a ford or dodge higway pleasure truck would be a d max just my 2 cents

General

Reaction score
Go with what suits your needs and likes. They are all equally expensive, and all have their high and low points. EVERYTHING costs a fortune when you start modding it. I'd like to rip the Cummins out of my truck and put it into a Ford. I've had nothing but bad experience with Duramax's as WORK trucks, though these were 01-04. They are a much better truck now but still use a weak front end for any HARD WORK applications. Dodge's have crappy steering systems and lift pumps, hopefully this is cured in the new trucks this year. Ford's are just plain tough, I have seen them take incredible abuse in the logging and construction industries. Too bad they haven't had a good engine since the 7.3, hopefully this new 6.7 changes that. Do your homework, there are forums with very knowledgeable people for each brand. Find the one that will fit what you want to do with it the best, good luck, happy hunting.

Cycle, the best year engine for your "sleeper" are 94-98.5 P pumped engines. You can install a P pump on any 5.9 ISB but why bother, just find one already together. It is the best injection pump these trucks have ever had, though no electronic adjustability.

Last edited:

Big kid 33

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen the new dodge 2500 last night it looks pretty sharp and the front end is sposed to be tougher:rolleyes:

Top Bottom