Looking at getting first atv

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Growing up I rode quad's a bit (parents use to have an old Honda), but I'm looking at getting my first. I've found an 07 Renegade 500 that seems to be priced pretty fairly. 2 questions, any good/bad feedback on that atv? And do you think a 500 is a good entry level quad or should I go bigger?

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what type of rider and riding you do..... Trails, mud, skeg.....not a bad start for your first quad IMO .

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great bike, BUT you might want an 800 in a short while.......................

I've been thinking about, and you're probably right. If I'm spending the money, I might as well pony up and spend a little extra.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 500 Outlander, goes every where the 800s go, no problems. I installed a clutch kit, pipe, snorkles, and rad relocate and I'm very happy with the bike. If you put some seat time in on any quad you will hopefully learn how to be a good rider.

jaredvh

Reaction score
I've been thinking about, and you're probably right. If I'm spending the money, I might as well pony up and spend a little extra.

Renegade 800 is a lot of bike. If you are a bigger guy you will probably be fine jumping right on an 800... if not, the quad might end up riding you. Especially if youre unexperienced. Either way Can Am builds a wicked quad and you will enjoy it guaranteed.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 500 Can Am makes more power than most 650's and 700's out there. I wouldn't shy away from a Renny 500 especially if its a good deal.

Top Bottom