Lookin for some new skis

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin to install a new set of skis on my 98 700 RMK.Any recomedations or personal experiences would be helpful.I do mostly
deep powder/back country riding.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simmons will work well in the steep and deep, Take a look at what others are using, and ask around as everyone has an opinion. Check in the staging areas at Revi , Golden, Valemont, etc. Ask a few ?'s
Ski's are pricey, you can order from a few US shops and save a few $,

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I myself run simons and they do work well. there are lots of different brands though ,shop around

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski's are really a personal peference thing...one size and kind dont fit all or any peeps most of the time.I betcha I got 8 different sets. Every rider is different .

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have had Simmons and like them on both the trails and in the powder. I had slydogs on my doo and there crummy on the trail but awsome in the powder. With the Simmons you cannot go wrong. Just ordered a set for my Nytro but the BIG ones, you wont need them for that sled. The bigger simmons are for the heavier 4 stroke front end sleds.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Sly Dog powder hounds. Installed on a 02 -800 rmk 151.
I have found them to be a noticable improvement over stock skis.
No darting on hard pack with ruts, excellent steerability on any snow conditions. Easy to steer. Better floatation (wider than stock). Work great in deep snow. Was not my first choice but I am glad I have em.

ratatatat

Reaction score
USI px301 less expensive than simmons and better imho Royal used to have them at a good price.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skis react differently to different sleds. USI skis i would recommend for crossover sleds such as the crossfire, more or less for a sled you use for both trailriding and back country riding. very versatile ski with 4 different skis each with their own quality and adjustability. I have yet to try the simmons but they are very light and I've heard a lot of praises on and off the trail. but have noticed that they are more for the rider forward chassis sleds. I ride a dinosaur (04 king cat 1M chassis) and wouldnt trade the SLP powder pros for anything. I do have a problem come spring time when the snow gets a crust on it they tend to be very agressive and wanna pull once they get caught under the crust. I recently trimmed the back and hope to have remedied this problem. I keep hearing every now and then about the MODS skis and would love nothing more than to get my hands on them and try them out on my 1M .

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skis react differently to different sleds. USI skis i would recommend for crossover sleds such as the crossfire, more or less for a sled you use for both trailriding and back country riding. very versatile ski with 4 different skis each with their own quality and adjustability. I have yet to try the simmons but they are very light and I've heard a lot of praises on and off the trail. but have noticed that they are more for the rider forward chassis sleds. I ride a dinosaur (04 king cat 1M chassis) and wouldnt trade the SLP powder pros for anything. I do have a problem come spring time when the snow gets a crust on it they tend to be very agressive and wanna pull once they get caught under the crust. I recently trimmed the back and hope to have remedied this problem. I keep hearing every now and then about the MODS skis and would love nothing more than to get my hands on them and try them out on my 1M .

I did the Carl Mod to my PP skis on a M8 and failed to notice the difference. The Carl's Mod on my M1000's did wonders though.

Dr. Meatman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see im hoping its a weight issue...front ends are much more heavy on the 1Ms so if it works im praying for a homerun...if not ill be gettin another pair of skis for spring riding

Top Bottom