Longest day....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the longest day. The first day of summer.

The days are going to get shorter on Wednesday! HeeHaw......

with a little luck, 5 more months and then

BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRaaaaaaaaPPPPPPPPP

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told the people at work that the days get shorter after tomorrow and then snow WAHOO!!!!!! I was told to F!&K off and to go F!&K myself. Ha Ha soon snow and no more fricken mosquitoes.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I told the people at work that the days get shorter after tomorrow and then snow WAHOO!!!!!! I was told to F!&K off and to go F!&K myself. Ha Ha soon snow and no more fricken mosquitoes.

Speaking of mosquitoes, I still haven't seen any! Cut and hauled 5 cords of firewood, work outside all day, and bar-b-que in the evening and nothing.

Maybe I'll see some today, eh!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of mosquitoes, I still haven't seen any! Cut and hauled 5 cords of firewood, work outside all day, and bar-b-que in the evening and nothing.

Maybe I'll see some today, eh!

There are ones here this year that could air lift that wood out of the bush for ya!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mosquitos here in the Okanagan are horrible this year. Never seen it so bad! Heard on the radio today that a mosquito larvae can survive up to 30 years and with this high water they are hatching now. I think 30 years of larvae are hatching as we speak. Holy crap!!! :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
the mosquitos here in the Okanagan are horrible this year. Never seen it so bad! Heard on the radio today that a mosquito larvae can survive up to 30 years and with this high water they are hatching now. I think 30 years of larvae are hatching as we speak. Holy crap!!! :(

and I can honestly say "I haven't seen a mosquito yet this year!"

Must be the elevation at 4300'........

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and I can honestly say "I haven't seen a mosquito yet this year!"

Must be the elevation at 4300'........

they are coming your way! My grandfather lives in Golden and he said they are terrible there too. Maybe we should have just a quick late June freeze for a day to get rid of them.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant wait for the snow to fall either! I snowchecked a freeride 154. First sled I'll own! Pretty excited to get out and learn how to ride. I guess in the meantime I'll have to enjoy this muddy summer with my outlander

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant wait for the snow to fall either! I snowchecked a freeride 154. First sled I'll own! Pretty excited to get out and learn how to ride. I guess in the meantime I'll have to enjoy this muddy summer with my outlander

A Freeride as a first sled!? That's slightly awesome.

Sent from my kickass HTC Desire because Apple sucks!

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah I know its over the top for a first sled. From people I've talked to I've heard that its a great sled and would allow me to learn quicker than if I were to buy a lesser sled. I know there's a very steep learning curve to this sport and I'm gonna make sure I spend lots of time in the foothills and flat land so that I can feel more confidant when I go to the mountains. Very excited to get into this sport! Looks like a blast!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah I know its over the top for a first sled. From people I've talked to I've heard that its a great sled and would allow me to learn quicker than if I were to buy a lesser sled. I know there's a very steep learning curve to this sport and I'm gonna make sure I spend lots of time in the foothills and flat land so that I can feel more confidant when I go to the mountains. Very excited to get into this sport! Looks like a blast!

Thats awesome! You're gonna have a blast. best sport out there.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton Sun is blaming the long winter in aiding the hatching Larvae!!!

Top Bottom