lifting magnet

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
help wtb lifting magnet

looking to rent/buy a lifting magnet like they use in the scrap yards...

heres my situation...i burn wood crates and they have metal clasps, screws
nails, staples, etc in them....so i have a pile left over..:(. i bought a 48 inch bar magnet that attaches to forks on skidsteer but it will take a long time to do the job.... :(:(

wondering if someone has something or any ideas..:confused::confused:. i have a skid steer...is there anyway to magnetize the bucket? and demagnetize to dump debris in dumpster? also have scrap metal from crates..not much use anyone know of anyone who will pick up?

thanks

terry

Last edited:

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: help wtb lifting magnet

looking to rent/buy a lifting magnet like they use in the scrap yards...

heres my situation...i burn wood crates and they have metal clasps, screws
nails, staples, etc in them....so i have a pile left over..:(. i bought a 48 inch bar magnet that attaches to forks on skidsteer but it will take a long time to do the job.... :(:(

wondering if someone has something or any ideas..:confused::confused:. i have a skid steer...is there anyway to magnetize the bucket? and demagnetize to dump debris in dumpster? also have scrap metal from crates..not much use anyone know of anyone who will pick up?

thanks

terry
Terry get in touch with western instruments* on HWY 44 just north of* edmonton.( talk to Mark) he know everything about magnatism etc....... he should be able to point you in the right direction.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

use me.....
women say i'm magnetic lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They're actually saying "pathetic". ;)

bbbbbaammmmm nailed that one lol

there I fixed it for you

bam bam bam over the top :d

nice work fellas. ok now back to the point of the story. i have used the magnetic sweeps before and seemed to work ok for picking up crap in the trailer yards, unbelievable what they pick up. i think we got the one we used on the shunt truck from Greggs.

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not make the dumpster the burn pit? Solves all the problems, fire is contained, dont have to pick up anything. Image somebody wont like the idea, but sure would be less work. Im just joking.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not make the dumpster the burn pit? Solves all the problems, fire is contained, dont have to pick up anything. Image somebody wont like the idea, but sure would be less work. Im just joking.

My dad used to drive garbage truck when needed for a local guy. Picked up roasted dumpsters a few times.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to dump it into the dumpster why not just put a bucket on it and dump it into the dumpster.

cause it doesnt all go inthe bucket.... i have one previous burn site..that i also have to clean up....and :nono::nono: burning in the dumpsters... apparently the local authorities frown on that....:(:(

i see magnets that are smaller and can be switched off/ just wondering if i mount it to the bucket if it will magnetize it?,,,,,,hmmmm

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
yes it would to even get better results clean the bucket to bare metall on the connection with the magnet then after ure done put some rustpaint over it

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

trying to save the earth for my grand babies...... i thought of it though...

Really though if your just dumping into a dumpster it's going to just end up in a landfill. Buried. Your just burning more fuel (less of which your grand kids will have) Find some evergreens I think I heard they like metal in there soil....

On the other hand I'm in the heavy equipment business, and i have personally never seen a small enough magnet for a skid steer. The magnets I have seen are big and bulky. Hydraulic driven to a generator etc. The one scrap yard that I seen one they seem to not even use it that much and use a big claw attachment instead.

Top Bottom