Leaking oil pump 2016 T3 154

coolcam

Reaction score
Anyone else have an oil leak on their brand new sled? Picked it up Thursday, puddle of oil on garage floor by Friday. Brought it back to dealership, found the oil pump is leaking. Now I'm waiting on parts. Did I get a one of a kind sled or is this a common issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
No leaks on mine as of yet.

Maybe just one of those odd balls. Wouldnt worry to much as long it is fixed.

Last years always seems to leak a little antifreeze on the deck but could not seem to find the culprit.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happened to me on my 14, one of the tits on the oil pump was cracked, dealer gave me a demo to take on my first trip while mine was on the hoist getting fixed.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened to my 2013 2 weeks after i sold it. New owner called me saying the motor blew on the trail oil everywhere. Luckily i sold it with warranty still on. Broken nipple.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened to my 2013 2 weeks after i sold it. New owner called me saying the motor blew on the trail oil everywhere. Luckily i sold it with warranty still on. Broken nipple.

That was due to a ****ty oil tank. BRP had a recall which shimmed the fuel tank up. Super hokey. I took the recall out of mine and installed the proper 14 oil tank that was molded differently.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was due to a ****ty oil tank. BRP had a recall which shimmed the fuel tank up. Super hokey. I took the recall out of mine and installed the proper 14 oil tank that was molded differently.
Brp shimmed the oil tank not the fuel tank.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The nipples on the oil pump are aluminum now not plastic, Maybe it's just coming from the o-ring of the pump that inserts into the tank? Would be surprised if it was a nipple.

coolcam

Reaction score
It was leaking out of the main pump body seal. They replaced the pump. Picked it up yesterday, no leaks yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom