launching

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k guys, we have all seen a million idots trying to put their boats in the water, and it is even funnier to watch the same guys attempt to pull them out.

We all have to take pictures of these people!!! I had a guy tell me how many years hes been boating blah blah then swim his boat over to the trailer at wab provincial park and the batteries were dead in the camera.oh i was mad.

we need to be ready to make fun of these people for our own sake and sanity, and then help them get out of the way so i can put mine in the water!!!

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, no problem have a summer cottage next door to the boat launch. Can tell ya lots of stories, but I will get you pics all summer long.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out at Wizard Lake a few years back....waiting our turn to launch the boat....nice sunny day, kids comes in shiny black truck, with a shiny black boat, a couple of good looking gals in bikinis....everyone was watching...

They take the cover off, the rear straps, unhooks the winch from the front, hooks on a load line tosses it in the boat...climbs in the boat....now he's atleast 30' from the water yet..other buddy starts backing up the truck to do the really cool brake tap launch.....when someone yells yeh.....buddy hits the brakes and boat launchs..... it's the coolest looking beach launch I'd ever seen...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
k guys, we have all seen a million idots trying to put their boats in the water, and it is even funnier to watch the same guys attempt to pull them out.

We all have to take pictures of these people!!! I had a guy tell me how many years hes been boating blah blah then swim his boat over to the trailer at wab provincial park and the batteries were dead in the camera.oh i was mad.

we need to be ready to make fun of these people for our own sake and sanity, and then help them get out of the way so i can put mine in the water!!!

Don't know why but having a good laugh at someone else's expense sure is good therapy:d:beer:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine just bought a new wakesetter he's going to put it in the water this week and i will have the camera on for sure.....it will be funny as it is his first boat and with his additude it should be good for some pics and laughs.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Watched a guy about 10 years ago at Wabamum launch this big ass boat unhooks everything except a line to the front which he hands to his 70+ year old dad jumps in the the truck throws in into reverse and punches down the ramp because of the steepness of the ramp boat starts to roll off the trailer leg digs in and the boat starts to stand up on end. Well poor ol dad wrapped the line around his hand luanches him up into the air 4' and slams him into the bottom of the boat. The poor old guy was dangling from the rope for about a 30seconds until bystanders helpped him down. Then rather than trying to winch it back on the trailer everyone pitched in and push the boat down the launch into the water. the guy parked his truck and jumped in the boat and took off accross the lake never checked the prop the leg nothing which 1 guy said the prop was bent guess he didn't know a bent prop will take out bearings and bugger up the leg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Just come down to wabamun when Plio and I are launching/pulling our boats....sometimes I have to take a break just to laugh at myself.....

Jake

Reaction score
Watched a guy in his boat while his wife tried to back him down the ramp. This was an interesting test of a marriage to watch. After several attempts 20 minutes later the boat's in the water. Sconds later he starts yelling "PULL ME OUT! PULL ME OUT!", he forgot to put the plug in.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'll come out with it, i have launched with out the plug, the truck already pulled out and had to beach it QUICK, water almost up to the back seats, i put the plug it, struggled the poor boat up to plain, pulled and drained while all the people at the dock laughed.......as for loading, speak for yourself bog, the little blue boat comes out like a dream, the titan hold the trailer on a little more of an angle than the old truck makes for a careful climb onto the front roller but she still goes on well

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
i'll come out with it, i have launched with out the plug, the truck already pulled out and had to beach it QUICK, water almost up to the back seats, i put the plug it, struggled the poor boat up to plain, pulled and drained while all the people at the dock laughed.......as for loading, speak for yourself bog, the little blue boat comes out like a dream, the titan hold the trailer on a little more of an angle than the old truck makes for a careful climb onto the front roller but she still goes on well

Aren't you supposed to be working????????

Top Bottom