Las Vegas

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taking the wife to Vegas at the beginning of April. We are there for 6days. Going to see one show (zumanity I believe it is). What are a few other things to do/see? She doesn't want to be rushed around 24/7 but I don't want to be sat around either. None of us really gamble, couple machines here and there. Staying at the MGM Skyloft. Thinking of getting us a couples message any recommendations. Been to the dam but never to that big hole in the ground, is it worth the drive. Thanks for the input.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't sit anywhere near the front rows for that show or you may find yourself in the show.Lol. Also hopefully you are comfortable with your sexuality as there are some strong same sex overtures in the show. HaHa. For excitement if you like cars there is the Richard Petty Driving School and The Carroll Shelby museum and plant at Las Vegas Motor Speedway just out of town. As well you can drive exotic cars out there at the road course. There is Roswell and Area 51 to check out to.

sleded1

Reaction score
Golf! They have the course there that is fashioned after all the famous holes, not sure what it's called, we went there and it was wicked to see and play. Play at least one round of ultimate hold em for me!!

aaron_m

Reaction score
For excitement if you like cars there is the Richard Petty Driving School and The Carroll Shelby museum and plant at Las Vegas Motor Speedway just out of town. As well you can drive exotic cars out there at the road course. There is Roswell and Area 51 to check out to.

I will second the richard petty experience. YOU HAVE to rent a car and tour around vegas. Hit the speedway and for $120, get a ride in a car. I believe they do get up to apporx 170mph. hit the old town, and hit some old school bars and restaurants. lots to see other than the strip.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went in Oct.....Freemont street is a must, the Wife liked the Flamigo hotel(birds out back)....the Hard Rock is a must see for memorabilia. Joes Crab Shack rules......went to the Pawn Star place too.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went in Oct.....Freemont street is a must, the Wife liked the Flamigo hotel(birds out back)....the Hard Rock is a must see for memorabilia. Joes Crab Shack rules......went to the Pawn Star place too.

How did you like the Pawn Star place? Were there lineups?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
81619f83.jpg

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly....not the most interesting, but still cool to see. Lots of older chit and jewelry that didn't really interested me. Plus nobody important was there....got a shooter glass to add to my collection tho! Was on a Tues(I think) so not that busy!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My last trip we just went with the flow. There are so many things to do, we went without a plan, just went where the urge hit us, didnt stop for the 7 days we were there. Spent maybe 10 hours in total gambling.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next time I go Vegas, I want to go to "Hoover Dam" I hear its pretty interesting......... was better before "911" as you were allowed into the dam....but still would be interesting to see !!

And go see "Rick's Resoration" from TV !!! Heard he is a really nice guy !!!

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rent a bike and go out to the Red Rock Canyon. Nice ride. One other thing I have done, is go to the nuke test museum. It is in town and is really cool. It is part of the Smithsonium.(SP) Beer is cheap on Freemont Street. Make sure you got the Shelby Showroom out at the track. The Auto Museum at the Imperial Palace is always good. If you are a big eater, the Bellagio has awesome smorg. Let the better half go shopping. When you are tired of walking, get on the double deck bus and do a circle tour of the strip. Free shows:, the TI has a cool Sirens show and the Bellogio has a really cool fountain. A trip to the Venetian is important as they have the BEST cocktail waitress on the strip. Enjoy you time in Sin City.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next time I go Vegas, I want to go to "Hoover Dam" I hear its pretty interesting......... was better before "911" as you were allowed into the dam....but still would be interesting to see !!And go see "Rick's Resoration" from TV !!! Heard he is a really nice guy !!!
It is amazing to see in person....we rented a 2012 convertible Camaro for a day and it was well worth it. There is a sweet outlet mall a few miles from the strip that is worth a stop as well.
128d8c55.jpg

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new bridge is done now,it is pretty sweet..................:beer:

Attachments

• las vegas 09 038.jpg
    las vegas 09 038.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 134

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be careful of the "timeshare" people. They will stop you, and ask where you are from, what show you going to see and then get you in for a deal on the tickets and dinner.

seen zumanity.....it was different. we were suppose to see Blue Man Group, but seen "mystere" instead (cirque du soleil) that was a good show. But like someone else said.. just go with the flow and be prepared to do a lot of walking and getting "cards".

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It really depends, we've been there and had a 5 min wait and other time walked right in with friends. Otheres waited over 1/2 hr and quite frankly, it's a real disapointment. WAY smaller than you can imagine. But ya gotta go.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have seen the zumanity show each time we went(2). Sat at the front both times. Best seat in the house. But like it was mentioned you have to take the good with the bad so to speak lol. Awesome show tho. Need to go back to vegas again this year.

farm boy 73

Reaction score
We drove to the grand canyon last year, it is worth the two hour drive. we rent a car the whole time we are in vegas its good to get off the strip and look around. heading down there at the end of march, will be our forth time always find something new each time.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys and girls. We were in Vegas in '99. But it was a quick trip and rushed. Saw the dam and Freemont street, walked the strip. The wife wants this trip a little more relaxing. As it is our anniversary/my birthday getaway. Think we are going to rent a car and get off the strip and see some more of Vegas. I have never been in a helicopter and would love to see the canyon so thinking of killing both them birds with one shot. Has anyone ever done the canyon/helicopter thing any recommendations on who to use or not. Would live to go to the track and drive around in a sports car but then I would want one of my own and that ain't gonna happen. Has anyone ever had a message in Vegas or sent the wife for one. Got to spoil the wife once in awhile so this may as well be the time. Thanks again keep the ideas coming.

Top Bottom