Large Rivets to hold plastics together-where in Calgary?

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
I am good at bumping trees from time to time and instead of buying new side panels, it would be much cheaper and easier to just rivet them together...but I want something that has large washers with a small hole in the middle, something that is designed for this. anyone know what they are called and where to get in Calgary? thx

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This works

Attachments

• Duct-Tape-1.jpg
    Duct-Tape-1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 157

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am good at bumping trees from time to time and instead of buying new side panels, it would be much cheaper and easier to just rivet them together...but I want something that has large washers with a small hole in the middle, something that is designed for this. anyone know what they are called and where to get in Calgary? thx

You can get Belly pan Rivets from BRP which work awesome but they're pricey.... I believe they list for close to $1 each. The Part number is 293150108.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
throw up a picture...........lets see the bark................cant be as bad as plio's

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a Fastenal close,or any resource outlet they will have pop rivets with 1/2 inch top and 3/16 hole. Any auto body supply shop will have what you are looking for also.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
acklands grainger off Blackfoot. Get the alum head with the alum shank, way easier to drill out and will hold in plastic. You want a rivet with a 0.625 head and whatever grip range you need (all measurements in decimals of an inch). You will need some washers for the back of the panel so the rivet won't pull through as easy. They sell the 3/16" backing washers only. don't forget to add the washer thickness into your calculation for your grip range.

here are the rivets (top lefthand of the page)

backing washers (right hand middle of the page):

POPAD68ABSLF200

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Get a package of 100 from either napa or bumper to bumper......... They're actually called ski-doo rivets :)

napa ultra pro part # 61249(quantity of 100)
aluminium 3/16" x 1/2" rivet

that's what we use, and use lots of :)

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use GOOP Automotive black, Canuck Tire has it and it works great on my side panels, wiring, seats, boots, windshields, hoods etc.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use GOOP Automotive black, Canuck Tire has it and it works great on my side panels, wiring, seats, boots, windshields, hoods etc.
X2! Goop is awesome stuff. I use the household kind...bonds to any clean surface, stays pliable even in the cold, and unlike super glue it will just peel right off with a right-angle pick if you need to remove anything. My favorite use is on oil drain plugs...a little dab and that bolt will never come loose and no loctite gumming up the threads!

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
thx for the input. I picked up some 1/8 rivet washers at Rona and then some other bigger washers to go up against those. ready for more trees now! maybe i should drink the redhot 100 before the ride down and not during a sidehill adventure clinic.

Top Bottom