Lady Golfers?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I recently got into golfing, figured picking up another summer hobby wouldn't be a bad idea since I don't get out on the bike as much when its hot, or during the weeks. I'm looking into getting my own clubs and was just wondering if there are other ladies out there in the Edmonton area that would be interested in getting together on weeknights for a round? I'm definitley not any good, as i'm just learning but thats the whole idea is to get out there and practice! So if any ladies out there are interested let me know!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would be welcome to participate in the S&M golf tourny Aug 29th,it is a texas scramble which means you can have your teamates carry you,put a team of ladies together and come and play!
Check out the thread S&M golf tourny.
Its a fundraiser for the CAC!
catmando!

lilyellafella

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I recently got into golfing, figured picking up another summer hobby wouldn't be a bad idea since I don't get out on the bike as much when its hot, or during the weeks. I'm looking into getting my own clubs and was just wondering if there are other ladies out there in the Edmonton area that would be interested in getting together on weeknights for a round? I'm definitley not any good, as i'm just learning but thats the whole idea is to get out there and practice! So if any ladies out there are interested let me know!

Hiya Ladydirt!

I would love to play a round of golf! I've been playing for about 5 years now, so although I'm not exactly new to the sport, I'm far from good enough to play with the "big boys"!

Can I ask what courses you have tried, or where you're interested in playing? I recently played Dragon's Head - it was fun! Not too big, so for "duffers" like me it's not so tiring!

Anyhoo, if you ever up for a round, let me know! Who knows, maybe we can practice enough to kick a little tush at the S&M Tournament?!?! ;)

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hiya Ladydirt!

I would love to play a round of golf! I've been playing for about 5 years now, so although I'm not exactly new to the sport, I'm far from good enough to play with the "big boys"!

Can I ask what courses you have tried, or where you're interested in playing? I recently played Dragon's Head - it was fun! Not too big, so for "duffers" like me it's not so tiring!

Anyhoo, if you ever up for a round, let me know! Who knows, maybe we can practice enough to kick a little tush at the S&M Tournament?!?! ;)

Hmm that sounds pretty good to me! I've only played one course in Calgary so far, and have been hitting up the driving ranges to practice up..I just got a set of clubs last week! i'm going to start hitting up some courses here in the Edmonton area not too sure which ones though? I'm going to Kananaskis first week of Aug to do some golfing as well!

I'm definitely interested to play with you sometime, and any other ladies of course and i'm down to play in the S&M Golf tourny too!:d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any ladies out there interested in attending the S&M golf tournament Aug 29th? I like the idea of putting together a few ladies teams perhaps?

lilyellafella

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm that sounds pretty good to me! I've only played one course in Calgary so far, and have been hitting up the driving ranges to practice up..I just got a set of clubs last week! i'm going to start hitting up some courses here in the Edmonton area not too sure which ones though? I'm going to Kananaskis first week of Aug to do some golfing as well!

I'm definitely interested to play with you sometime, and any other ladies of course and i'm down to play in the S&M Golf tourny too!:d

As a beginner, I'd recommend sticking to some of the smaller courses at first (par 3/4). Will help you learn what distance you can hit with what club, without making the game too challenging so that all the fun is sucked out of it! In addition, the more you swing, the more tired you become, the more tired you are - the longer the course is... :)

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Unfortunately, I leave for holidays the week before you do. Unless you're up for a round on Thurs or Fri of this week, it would have to wait until after our holidays. Why don't you send me a message when you get back and we will definately set something up! Maybe by then a few others ladies may have responded to this thread too!

Deal?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good ! I was talking to my man and he's interested in playing in the snow and mud tourney as well, so he would most likely be playing with me too... which isn't such a bad thing cuz he's pretty damn good and its texas scramble right?? lol

Yeah for sure sounds good to me, I'm not usually very busy during the weeks, my man golfs once or twice a week usually like Thursdays and on the weekend sometime and me i've just been practicing at the driving range and i'm definitley very happy with myself so far! Just like dirt biking, takes lots of practice lol. Kananaskis is going to be a very challenging course for me but i'm hoping the practice time I squeeze in will be almost sufficient to get me through it! :d

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hey LD I wish I was closer I would go play some whack Fawk with ya!! lol been going for 3 years now and I am still horribly horrible!!

Do you know where this S&M golf tourney stuff is posted I CANT FIND IT!! might be able to hit that up........:beer:

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hey LD I wish I was closer I would go play some whack Fawk with ya!! lol been going for 3 years now and I am still horribly horrible!!

Do you know where this S&M golf tourney stuff is posted I CANT FIND IT!! might be able to hit that up........:beer:

It is in the snowmobile chat of all places at the very top lol..took me a while to figure it out too. Go figure, the fundraiser is for the Canadian Avalanche Center so makes sense I guess!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well figured I would bring this thread to life again. I haven't been out golfing yet this season (except in Florida over the winter/spring), and still looking to keep up the practicing. If there are any ladies interested in the Edmonton area that want to arrange some weeknight rounds, or perhaps we can even organize a game centralized so that some other members outside of Edmonton would be interested in attending let me know (Could possibly turn a weekend into a quad/biking/golf game/camping type deal? Anyways just a thought! :confused:;)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy Golfing. I'm not super good, but it's nice to get out. The course by our place is pretty relaxed so it's fun for the kids to tag along, and look for balls/frogs/ and other treasures found on a golf course. My son Leo is actually a really good little golfer. He's Mr. Science/math guy so I think the whole strategy part of golf intrigues him. My husband is a very good Golfer, so he teaches us all. Only once did he kind of get impatient with me.. HONEY STOP TRYING TO GET THE FROG OUT OF THE WATER HAZARD!!!! I was laying on my tummy trying to catch the biggest frog EVER. :D

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a beginner, I'd recommend sticking to some of the smaller courses at first (par 3/4). Will help you learn what distance you can hit with what club, without making the game too challenging so that all the fun is sucked out of it! In addition, the more you swing, the more tired you become, the more tired you are - the longer the course is... :)

Of course, that's just my opinion.
A good course to learn your game would be Pioneer Meadows on 34st. One of our salesmen and I play there a couple times a month as it is fairly easy to get tee times on short notice, reasonably priced and it is a great course to practice and learn on. It's only about 10 minutes from Sherwood park as well.

Top Bottom