Kitchen Cabinets

joharrington

Reaction score
A good cabinets and my neighbor recently bought some from Costco and he had some problems with the finishes and after 3 tries they finally sent acceptable cabinet.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my last house I did the kitchen with stuff from ikea. The designer at the Edmonton ikea was fantastic. I was super impressed with the quality and their granite price could not be beat. I did the ruff in and hired a finishing guy to do the trim. He wanted to hire me to do the work full time. Pretty easy if you ask me. Level the base cabinet back support and the top cabinet tracks get the heights right and you can build a kitchen in day. The only tricky part is thinking about the plumbing and the lighting. The lighting adds complexity but the bling is worth it. There is some super cool led options out there that will keep your kitchen looking good for good for years to come. Kitchens go out of style before they ever wear out!

Yeah Im surprised to say it because I have always hated IKEA with a passion, but I am super happy with thier cabinets. I built a big shop with an 1100 sq/ft apartment in it to live in for a couple of years before we build the house. I chose IKEA cabinets because they were by far the cheapest route. I am super super happy with them. Cheap, easy to install, and actually great quality. Im so impressed that we are thinking of putting them in the house when we build. The 20k we save from having custom cabinets built will be much better spent somewhere else.

JohnCarter

Reaction score
I use a website called cabinet giant www.thertastore.com for all of my cabinets. They have the best prices that I've been able to find, and their site is easy to navigate.

The product isn't cheap quality though (It's an all wood kitchen cabinets), but for the small amount of additional money it costs to get an all wood vs. particle board product, it's worth it!

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with Kitchen Craft, their staff were very knowledgeable and very helpful with our design. The installer they sent was definitely a master craftsman. We redid our house back in 07 and it looks just as good now as it did then.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 new posters signed up to post in this thread, like they're coming out of the wood work.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice JohnCarter, beats choking on all that dust. Not sure about filling out custom papers, duties and shipping, what the end cost would be. If i lived in the usa i would be using them for sure.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I checked out John Carters link and those actually get really good reviews from what I have read.

Top Bottom