Kitchen Cabinets

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for kitchen cabinets for the new house right now. Would like too buy some local around Edmonton. The lady down the road works for Delton Cabinets and stopped by too give me her sales pitch. Just wonder if anyone has bought from Delton, good or bad ? Delton Cabinet for custom kitchen cabinets in Edmonton Alberta - Home I was looking at Cabico as well, was gonna order them from Direct Buy got a good price on them. Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on kitchen cabinets and ideas such as the extras you can get with them etc. :):beer:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you get what you pay for!

There is a lot of choice particularly with regard to material. The more wood the more expensive.

Beware of the many ways of hiding MDF and research all the various models from a supplier so you know what you are gonna get.

The last cabinets I bought were well built, very functional, standing up well (after 9 years), and we are quite happy. They were around the $18G mark. They were made by Superior Cabinets out of Saskatoon, and distributed by a Calgary firm (that has since moved it's location).

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went with gem. Seem to be good.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we renovated our kitchen we went with Delton. They seem to be really good and we have been happy with them so far.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for kitchen cabinets for the new house right now. Would like too buy some local around Edmonton. The lady down the road works for Delton Cabinets and stopped by too give me her sales pitch. Just wonder if anyone has bought from Delton, good or bad ? Delton Cabinet for custom kitchen cabinets in Edmonton Alberta - Home I was looking at Cabico as well, was gonna order them from Direct Buy got a good price on them. Just wondering what everyone thoughts are on kitchen cabinets and ideas such as the extras you can get with them etc. :):beer:

I work for Kitchen Craft Canada. There are two locations in Edmonton, West end (170st) and south (Calgary Trail)... Kithen Craft is the Biggest cabinet company in North America with among the best warranty and best priced.

Lots of companies can offer a great price, but really you are paying for service and warranty....you want a conmpany that will look after you needs for 10 years or more. vistit the web site Kitchen Craft

Make sure when you are comparing prices, make sure you are comparing apples to apples.......depends on kitchen product but you can get melamine drawers, woods drawers, plywood boxes, melamine boxes, veneer ends, melamine ends, all options change price....there is way too much to pick from lol.....

Tip, lots of people try to install their own cabinets because they think it is simple, just screw the boxes to the wall right....well...sometimes....lots of people pay for it later.

If you are paying more then $10,000 and have a higher end kitchen, please pay to have it installed by a pro, regardless of the company you choose .....IMO......

Have fun too, make the designers do lots of drawigns so you can see all your options, if the designer gets crankey about doing lots of drawings they are probably not worth your sale!!!! :beer:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a contract Kitchen cabinet installer and have installed and fabricated countertops for the last 18 years.Stykos comments about highering a real installer is dead on and money well spent.Do not try it yourself unless you want to screw up 10k or more worth of cabinets.I work mainly for westwood Manufacturing out of Kelowna.You can buy their product through Rona as well as other dealers in Edmonton,Their product is well made with all dowell const.finished ends incorporated ,kicks part of the cabinet.self closing hinges,dovetail drawer boxes.All in all very installer friendly.I recently have installed Kitchen craft and Cabico from Direst buy and can not find fault with eithers product.Cabico was a better quality than the Kitchen Craft and very well made and thought out.Kitchen crafts mouldings are a little sketcy and hard to figure out even for a seasoned installer.I had to do some of my machining to make the 2 layers of mouldings work.Cabico is from Quebec and these guys do know there stuff as the Kitchen was a large high end one with 10' high cabinets to the ceiling and the large range opening with curios and columns and posts to the counter .It all worked out and was well thought out/Sky is the limit on pricing and extras.Fell free to PM me for more advice

dianethomas784

Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting. I do love also to draw a layouts for kitchen cabinets. And for some information that's my job. If they want me to create a layout for there kitchen cabinets i will do some agreement first like we will talking the design they want and if i am done doing the cabinet layout, i will gonna meet the client to get the money from them and i will give it the kitchen cabinet layout to them. Things may easy right??
Kitchen Cabinets Design

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a contract Kitchen cabinet installer and have installed and fabricated countertops for the last 18 years.Stykos comments about highering a real installer is dead on and money well spent.Do not try it yourself unless you want to screw up 10k or more worth of cabinets.I work mainly for westwood Manufacturing out of Kelowna.You can buy their product through Rona as well as other dealers in Edmonton,Their product is well made with all dowell const.finished ends incorporated ,kicks part of the cabinet.self closing hinges,dovetail drawer boxes.All in all very installer friendly.I recently have installed Kitchen craft and Cabico from Direst buy and can not find fault with eithers product.Cabico was a better quality than the Kitchen Craft and very well made and thought out.Kitchen crafts mouldings are a little sketcy and hard to figure out even for a seasoned installer.I had to do some of my machining to make the 2 layers of mouldings work.Cabico is from Quebec and these guys do know there stuff as the Kitchen was a large high end one with 10' high cabinets to the ceiling and the large range opening with curios and columns and posts to the counter .It all worked out and was well thought out/Sky is the limit on pricing and extras.Fell free to PM me for more advice

any one can hang cabinets on square and level walls. When's the last time you saw that? It takes a pro to hang them on the walls that are built today. I swear some of these framers these days don't even own a level or square. Listen to Stykos and Savage hand have them installed by a pro. if you try to install them yourself you will regret it.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kitchen Kraft is what was put into my house (2010 build) and I love them. Great quality, durability and finish. Certainly recommend there product! Nice showrooms in edmonton and some great kitchen designers too. Lots of options with them.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say but my kitchen cabinets came from Totem and were hung by myself. For the cost of the cabinets and the 13 years they have been hanging on the wall they are doing awesome. Yes cabinets could be a pain to hang and yes you do get what you pay for.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we hired a cabinet maker and he made all our cabinets for 4 grand installed. We supplied the material. 8 years and still looks great.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You planning on living there for a while or selling the house? If selling there's a company in China you can get complete cabinets AND granite counter tops for cheap. We are doing a condo project and the cabinet company is doing each unit for $2,200. Most people buying a house get caught up in the, for lack of a better term, t!ts and lipstick of a house and seem to neglect to look for quality. Plus most home inspectors are a joke. So if you want to do it cheap n dirty that's my suggestion. Who knows, could last 10 years, could last 2.

The owner's son of the prime contractor also just got the same cabinets and granite, so it can't be that bad or I really can't see him putting it in his personal house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shortcut

Reaction score
There is a company out of wetaskiwin I used for custom cabinets on my house build 4 years ago......Gerald at Bigstone Custom Cabinets......quality is unreal, and the install was wicked! in and out in one day, I would highly recommend them anytime

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have used Orchard Park in my own homes as well as quite a few of the custom homes i have built.............VERY good products.
Avaiable thru Rona,they are a well priced quality setup.

IMO, watch the "custom" kitchen cabinet places as all kitchens are more or less custom anyhow....lol
Little tricks like pulling a few cabinets out from the wall,Big pantry,build your own Island, etc etc can save you a pile of cash...

Mounting is not that difficult,providing every thing is square,haha......Most cabinet places do a great job,but trust me you PAY for it !!! Good Luck....

aaron_m

Reaction score
The last cabinets I bought were well built, very functional, standing up well (after 9 years), and we are quite happy. They were around the $18G mark. They were made by Superior Cabinets out of Saskatoon, and distributed by a Calgary firm (that has since moved it's location).[/QUOTE]

Our new house has cabinets from superior too. Very happy. but yep, not cheap

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
In my last house I did the kitchen with stuff from ikea. The designer at the Edmonton ikea was fantastic. I was super impressed with the quality and their granite price could not be beat. I did the ruff in and hired a finishing guy to do the trim. He wanted to hire me to do the work full time. Pretty easy if you ask me. Level the base cabinet back support and the top cabinet tracks get the heights right and you can build a kitchen in day. The only tricky part is thinking about the plumbing and the lighting. The lighting adds complexity but the bling is worth it. There is some super cool led options out there that will keep your kitchen looking good for good for years to come. Kitchens go out of style before they ever wear out!

MichelCleark

Reaction score
2131 Blackstone Landing Dr, Kissimmee, FL 34758
I recently bought a for my kitchen. My last cabinet was in bad condition. I had a plan to hire a kitchen maker contractor but it was fetching me more money so I decided to buy new kitchen cabinets for my home. The new kitchen cabinets cost me about $1500K. I think it is better to buy a cabinets online instead going to kitchen making contractor.

Assaulter13

Reaction score
My GF recently completely renovated her kitchen -- and when I say she? I meant me. It started out as a simple reno and progressed to a full out strip and gut. We ended up tearing the kitchen out to the exterior sheathing - complete rewire, complete replumb, complete re-insulate and vapour barrier - etc etc.

She bought her cabinets from Kitchen Kraft - through DirectBuy and they are nice -- with the exception of one top cabinet. The panel has slid down and left an unfinished top edge showing. We understand that the cabinets are built to allow for expansion and contraction of the wood over the seasons - but the inserts should be stained before being assembled - now she is left with a cabinet with an unfinished top edge... it can be pushed up to hide it -- but we are not happy with the quality control. She is going to contact Kitchen Kraft about this - but we just finished the instalation and it looks like h*ll.

Hopefully they will be good to deal with and we can get this one door taken care of -- the rest of the cabinets look amazing.

Just my $0.02 worth.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son makes and installs cabinets for all needs he is in the calgary area if anyone is interested he is jdietz on here just send him a pm
not bragging but he does damn nice work

Top Bottom