Kinder Morgan

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worked in the upgrading and refining industry for almost 25 years. Without pipelines we have no where to ship synthetic crude or final products so unfortunately more upgraders or refineries are not of any help. Shell got out and no one else is about to invest here given this and the political climate. Only those with performing assets on the ground are digging in. There are better places with better returns to invest. Pretty sad given where we were headed 10 years ago.
Yep, 10 years ago it was all champagne and cocaine in the upgrader world.

Every meeting was catered, corperate jets, fancy hotels, expense accounts, corporate credit cards, training budgets aka paid vacation.

And then 08/09 crash, they pulled the good coffee outta the lunch rooms.

FML .... Good times.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. Hard for you to carry on an intelligent conversation about a pipeline with a single digit IQ I guess.
Lol Moyie , your too close to the problem to see the world clearly.

Travel a little and gain some perspective on the world.

Last edited:

kakwa climber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have worked in the upgrading and refining industry for almost 25 years. Without pipelines we have no where to ship synthetic crude or final products so unfortunately more upgraders or refineries are not of any help. Shell got out and no one else is about to invest here given this and the political climate. Only those with performing assets on the ground are digging in. There are better places with better returns to invest. Pretty sad given where we were headed 10 years ago.

Yah also need a pipe in the ground to ship any product at all. If projects keep getting delayed or cancelled than something will have to change.My point to the whole argument was from whats going on with the current pipeline conflicts, is the product that will be in the pipe.

Interesting times

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have often wondered why CN doesn't get into the pipeline buissness?

They could build a pretty sweet coast to coast pipeline header.

Use their existing right away.

A rail line is a pipeline. No water in those black tanker cars

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rail line is a pipeline. No water in those black tanker cars
Agreed.
But build a ligit piperack overstructure and put a 48" pipe on top. She wouldn't be pretty but it would get the job done.

Or if they have a wide right away, sub surface it.

Also on the rail forefront, was at some again meetings and they are talking about twinning the railine so you would have east and a westbound dedicated track.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
But build a ligit piperack overstructure and put a 48" pipe on top. She wouldn't be pretty but it would get the job done.

Or if the have a wide right away, sub surface it.

Also on the rail forefront, was at some again meetings and they are talking about twinning the railine so you would have east and a westbound dedicated track.

I've heard from different sources that twining the lines to all ports is in the works

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cp could get involved, to bad encana split off a few yrs back?

Top Bottom