Kind of pi$$ed off with FPP

Mattjames

Reaction score
So I ordered a set of motor fist bibs and a Jacket from FPP, it said shipping should be 7-10 business days. After about a week I checked the status of my order and they Had not even been shipped yet. I called them to ask why they Had not been shipped yet and they said they were waiting for them to get to there warehouse from the motor fist factory. I wish they would had told a person that it was going to be a month before I would see them. Kinda pissed now cause they still haven't been shipped and its time to go sledding! Probably won't be ordering anything else from these guys anytime soon....Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with first place parts?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems no one has anything in stock anymore. Ordered a GPS that was in "stock" and when I had bought it it was out of stock shipping in a week. I don't care for the old bait and switch.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold a grudge over that. **** happens when you order stuff... Be it you expecting stuff or them expecting stuff that they ordered. Yer at the mercy of the shipping companies.

If yer stapled for time support a local dealer instead.

Its just way it is, no point being pissy about it.

-Sent on my behalf from a mindless PR firm-

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered the same thing from another website on Black Friday.... Still waiting... No stock, comes from Motorfist first. Costs extra money to stock items, I never expect to get anything quick. Quickest way and usually the okay expensive way is to go into your dealer and buy what they have in stock.

I wouldn't blame first place for that, I've ordered from them and would again. Sounds like they had some poor communication with you though.

Mattjames

Reaction score
If it was as simple as their stock being delayed I wouldn't be up set. It's the fact that they claim products being in stock but really they are not. They don't even hold stock on products. They wait for your order to go threw then order your parts from the manufacturer. I just wished they would have gave a proper time line on delivery. If I knew that it was going to be a minimum month for shipping I would have gone threw the dealer.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was as simple as their stock being delayed I wouldn't be up set. It's the fact that they claim products being in stock but really they are not. They don't even hold stock on products. They wait for your order to go threw then order your parts from the manufacturer. I just wished they would have gave a proper time line on delivery. If I knew that it was going to be a minimum month for shipping I would have gone threw the dealer.

So cancel the order and go to the dealer. Problem solved. That's what I'd do.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had same thing with FPP, expected tho i would say for this time of year. I have nothing but good things to say about stuff ordered from blown motor. Recommend them over FPP. always had my stuff to my house in under 2 weeks.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's ridiculous! Motorfist has a wherehouse in Edmonton. If you ordered directly from Motorfist you would have had it in 2-3 business days. Not sure why people order things from the US and then bitch? Support your local dealers and this wouldn't have happened. If your local dealer didn't have the item you wanted, again Motorfist has a wherehouse in EDM and they could have ordered it and it could have been in your hands in 2-3 days instead of going over the border twice

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EZ, when Canadian resellers stop bending us over we will support Canadian resellers. Until that time we'll play the US mail ordering game.
You mean when the manufactures stop having different prices. Like a Canadian customer the dealer will pay higher prices the a us dealer. So stop trying to blame the Canadian retailer!

Mattjames

Reaction score
So I talked to FPP again today and what I have been told is Motor Fist put the sale on during black Friday and did not expect the volume that was sold. Their US warehouse ran out of the product and had to ship from the Canadian warehouses. They say that my products should be in today and ship on Monday, they also have upgraded to express delivery to help ease my frustration. Now lets hope everything does ship on Monday cause I was also told that it should have shipped a week ago and it did not.

Now when it comes to Canadian dealers I buy about 70% of my stuff threw local dealers. But when the websites put a sale on for a set of bibs and a jacket for $220 who's going to say no. Now that being said I also went to the Motor Fist web site before ordering threw FPP and they were not offering the same deal. Also went into my local dealer to see if they would even try to compete with the sale and they just shrugged there shoulders. When our local dealers have a mark up of about 150% why would a person bother....but then again I guess if I want my stuff on time I guess its just time to bend over...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I talked to FPP again today and what I have been told is Motor Fist put the sale on during black Friday and did not expect the volume that was sold. Their US warehouse ran out of the product and had to ship from the Canadian warehouses. They say that my products should be in today and ship on Monday, they also have upgraded to express delivery to help ease my frustration. Now lets hope everything does ship on Monday cause I was also told that it should have shipped a week ago and it did not.

Now when it comes to Canadian dealers I buy about 70% of my stuff threw local dealers. But when the websites put a sale on for a set of bibs and a jacket for $220 who's going to say no. Now that being said I also went to the Motor Fist web site before ordering threw FPP and they were not offering the same deal. Also went into my local dealer to see if they would even try to compete with the sale and they just shrugged there shoulders. When our local dealers have a mark up of about 150% why would a person bother....but then again I guess if I want my stuff on time I guess its just time to bend over...
I will guarantee you that Dealers don't have 150% markup in clothing. Its the US dollar thing. You may see 70-80% markup on non current gear from the manufacturer in a clearout to dealers but most current gear has about 40 points in it.

Top Bottom