Kids getting killed over stupidity!!!

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My best regards to the families, but what the hell is a 10 year doin on a quad.... unsupervised.... How many lives do this world have to lose before parents sit down an think... wait a minute maybe we should be outside with the kids cuz quads are heavy and dangerous for little kids....

Sorry guys i know alot of you have kids, i just dont understand sometimes, how people dont think, look at some of the crashes and flips that we do with experience, let alone a 8-14 year old kid...

Please post some of your thoughts!!!
ONce again my condolences to the families that have lost their little loved ones!!

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to bring in a sad thread or argue or misjudge parents, i just think its a bit of a reality check that these kind of accidents ( especially with children could be prevented)

do i think kids should be on quads or dirt bikes or sleds..Hell ya
do i think they should be supervised.. Hell ya
do i think that it should continue to be a family event, hell ya

ok, im done now!!

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is definatly sad to here, no one wants this to happen to anybody,but parents need to have better control over this. sad to say that a helmet would proply have keep the here, something so simple that only takes 2 secs to put on. wish the familly best of luck

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have 2 kids, 8 and 6. Not only do they have to have a helmet on we bought them chest protectors, goggles boots and a jersey. I know you cannot protect them from everything but we are hoping to prevent some injuries. The most important is to take the time to teach them to the best of your ability and let them make mistakes from there, and hopefully they learn to respect the machines. It is sad that kids die every day from stupidity and I wouldnt hope that on my worst enemy. Does anyone know what kind of machine the kid was on?

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My best regards to the families, but what the hell is a 10 year doin on a quad.... unsupervised.... How many lives do this world have to lose before parents sit down an think... wait a minute maybe we should be outside with the kids cuz quads are heavy and dangerous for little kids....

Sorry guys i know alot of you have kids, i just dont understand sometimes, how people dont think, look at some of the crashes and flips that we do with experience, let alone a 8-14 year old kid...

Please post some of your thoughts!!!
ONce again my condolences to the families that have lost their little loved ones!!

I feel the big issue here is that the parents are not supervising the children and allowing them to ride atv's without proper safety gear and having the proper experience on the size of the machine.

my son is now almost 13 (will be 13 in June). He started out driving a John Deer gator at the age of 4.
moved up through everything from mini bikes snowmobiles and quads.
now at the age of 13.
he rides a 700cc snowmobile during the winter in the mountains, 700cc quad and 450 4 stroke dirt bike during the summer. (ALL WITH SUPERVISION AND THE CORRECT RIDING GEAR) all the way down to a supportive cup.
he does not ride unless he puts in the time to put on the proper gear.
I also wear the proper gear as the old saying goes don't do as I do, do as I say does not fly with me. You need to show children the proper way and follow the rules yourselves. Just because Alberta does not have a law to wear helmets (lets not continue to be stupid folks) buy and wear the proper gear.

My son also has been driving my 66 Mustang 4 speed (400 horsies)
around the farm now for 2 years learning to drive around hay bails signaling including (Spring and fall before and after the haying season)
When time comes for him to get his licence he will be a well educated and safe driver and I will not be worried at all putting him on the road.
As for the other folks that coddle their children through life and don't let them touch anything with a motor until they are of age and get them their 2 week driver training course(recommended by Alberta) and throw them out on the road is scarry ! Have we all watched Canada's Worst Driver ??

The question is, Are we going to continue to allow the Government to raise and teach our children or are we going to do it ourselves...

Okay, rant over.
Play safe ride hard and most of all have fun with your kids !!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody needing gear let me know...
I have helmets from size small ~large..
snowmobile boots from size Youth 12~Adult 10
snowmobile jackets size Med
M/C Boots from size 6 ~10
Soccer shoes from size 4~10

I am sure hoping he stops growing....LOL

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel the big issue here is that the parents are not supervising the children and allowing them to ride atv's without proper safety gear and having the proper experience on the size of the machine.

my son is now almost 13 (will be 13 in June). He started out driving a John Deer gator at the age of 4.
moved up through everything from mini bikes snowmobiles and quads.
now at the age of 13.
he rides a 700cc snowmobile during the winter in the mountains, 700cc quad and 450 4 stroke dirt bike during the summer. (ALL WITH SUPERVISION AND THE CORRECT RIDING GEAR) all the way down to a supportive cup.
he does not ride unless he puts in the time to put on the proper gear.
I also wear the proper gear as the old saying goes don't do as I do, do as I say does not fly with me. You need to show children the proper way and follow the rules yourselves. Just because Alberta does not have a law to wear helmets (lets not continue to be stupid folks) buy and wear the proper gear.

My son also has been driving my 66 Mustang 4 speed (400 horsies)
around the farm now for 2 years learning to drive around hay bails signaling including (Spring and fall before and after the haying season)
When time comes for him to get his licence he will be a well educated and safe driver and I will not be worried at all putting him on the road.
As for the other folks that coddle their children through life and don't let them touch anything with a motor until they are of age and get them their 2 week driver training course(recommended by Alberta) and throw them out on the road is scarry ! Have we all watched Canada's Worst Driver ??

The question is, Are we going to continue to allow the Government to raise and teach our children or are we going to do it ourselves...

Okay, rant over.
Play safe ride hard and most of all have fun with your kids !!

Good post. I'm glad you do that for your child.

Top Bottom