kids and sleds

arcdoo

Reaction score
Went for a ride on sunday from red deer to penhold and back on the red deer river and found great snow on and off the river,but my 4 year old daughter kept falling a sleep she slept 1/2 way there and just about all the way home .It was challange to hang on to her and drive at the same time , funny how you could fall a sleep on a sled..

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kids can sleep anywhere. lol we got pics and vid of our niece sleeping inthe boat while we are jumping waves, and pulling tubers:confused::eek: have no idea how she did it.:confused:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the noise-moving i think that does it..... mabe all the fresh air tooo

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
This is part of the reason we use Child Riding Belts. Our kids have been riding in these since they were about 3 ish. They need to have the core body strength to sit. Even when they fall asleep they stay attached and up right. The other reason is because it is just plain safer to have your kids behind you.

Child%20riding%20belt.jpg

Child%20Riding%20Belt%20Jan%202.jpg

Jan

arcdoo

Reaction score
Thats a great idea she was in front of me on the sled so its was not that bad,will have to look on getting somthing like that.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We actually sell these but are making some changes to them to make them better. We have been using them for 4 years now and have had enough test time in to make some improvements on them. We are working with a company to implement the changes...stay tuned!!!

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my oldest (2 years) on the sled a few times with me this year, and all but once, he fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting on the sled. I had to hold his helmet up to get him back to the house. When I was just starting to drive the tractors years ago, my brother would always want to sit in them with me or dad, and sure enough, he would doze off right away. Then we would hit a bump or hole, and his head would hit the window, waking him up for about a minute again. Never wanted out of the tractor though...

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have seen them on Motorcycles and even seen one being used to double a kid with an adult on a horse.....I

t had built in stirrups as well which I thought would be good even on the sleds and bikes....easier on their legs, no dangling and or getting into something.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Oh man those were the days. Kiddlets fallin' asleep after a good day :d
She doesn't sit infront of me anymore and waits for the ride home to fall asleep now.

Attachments

• Jody havin a good day.jpg
    Jody havin a good day.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Jody on the 800.jpg
    Jody on the 800.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Was a hard day at the handlebars.jpg
    Was a hard day at the handlebars.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 152

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man those were the days. Kiddlets fallin' asleep after a good day :d
She doesn't sit infront of me anymore and waits for the ride home to fall asleep now.

Two things I do not regret spending $$ on - horses and sleds. When I hear other father's bemoan the fact that they can't connect with their teenage daughters, I have had some of the best times of my life in the truck talking with my daughter after a horse show/day of sledding. When it is just me and her in he truck (no Mom!), I really get to find out what is going on in her head.

Unless the drive is over an hour - after that she is flat out asleep!:d

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahha..I should post some pic's of my boys crashing n the truck after a ride, I don't know how they can fall asleep in some of the positions that they do. And the wife is another story, when we're going on a trip somewhere, she's asleep before we're out the city limits.

W O T

Reaction score
Family Day a few years back we took our two Young boys (2 and 5) out north of Lke Isle in the hills. The youngest wasn't feeling well, he had a cold. But it was just too nice a day to sit in the cabin. So off we go for a 5 hr ride. We weren't off the ice yet when the youngest fell asleep sitting in front of me. His big helmut head kept sliding off the fuel tank and he would start falling off the sled under my arm as I drove. I found the best was if I turned him around with one leg wrapped around each side of me with his arms dangling in a Jesus Christ Pose.
We all had a great Family Day. Great memories. All but the youngest he doesnt remember, it was probably the cold medicine.:d

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went for a ride on sunday from red deer to penhold and back on the red deer river and found great snow on and off the river,but my 4 year old daughter kept falling a sleep she slept 1/2 way there and just about all the way home .It was challange to hang on to her and drive at the same time , funny how you could fall a sleep on a sled..

was she on the back? put her in frount of you and you can hold them and drive my dad did it with my sis when she was small. then they can hold the mount bar when they are awake. weven when i was small i rode like that for may years. cant do that anymore beng im over 6,2 lol

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
check out this link. We installed a set on the wifes xp. our 2 year old goes with us all over when were just trail riding or prairie riding. We use a harness sytem and these bars and it works great. Also they have no effect on her when mountain riding. Very good product.

Top Bottom