K&N Air filter for grizzly 700

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to put a K&N air filter on my 700 grizzly and have heard that the K&N doesn't filter the finer dust particles out and can cause damage is there any truth to this or not?????

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of fan boys out there.. i could see it not working properly if you did not apply the oil properly after cleaning but i duno.. if your worried get a pre filter for it as well.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if you could get a pre filter for the 700's but I talked to the dealer today and they said it came with the K&N any ways. As far as I can tell it's just like the one I have in my 08 Ford Diesel and my 95 dodge

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my quad is not dead yet after 2700k and i have had a k and n in it from the start so it must be working lol

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could see that murm.. esp on the 700 where its a flat filter.. atleast on the 660s they are somewhat held with that wire mesh on the outside.

Major

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I was telling you Rider. use the pre filter bag deal and you whould be good to go. They also come pre oiled from the factory for the first use. It doesnt look like it but it says on the bag after closer inspection. When are we putting this stuff on the big red.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we will be putting all the mods on Wednesday They don't come witha pre filter though and Patrick hasn't had one out of the box.So we shall see tomorrow when I pick it up.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Medler, I was asking you about any performance changes when you did the exhaust last rail ride. Did you notice any changes going to the K/N?

I put the pipe and the filter on at the same time and ya it woke it up alot.I will let you ride it when we meet up on the 6 of june

Top Bottom