just wonderin

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can u weld the tip off another set of rails on to the other bases

what are u trying to achieve? are u talking about extending the rails at the back for a longer track or ? if so the best thing is to bolt on....they have rail extensions that are very reasonable and model specific for this purpose....

need more info.... other wise can u alum weld to aluminium ....yes

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a bad idea lol unlesss you know a REALLY REALLY REALLY good aluminum welder that can get perfect penetration.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he said perfect penetration ....

OMG this site has taken over my life :eek:

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even with out losing stregth, because my limiter strap broke and wore the tips off, and they dont make my year of rails anymore

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont do it ... i can and i wouldnt even touch it with a 10' pole just look for a aftermarket skid or just the rails.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even with out losing stregth, because my limiter strap broke and wore the tips off, and they dont make my year of rails anymore

Call Dusty - 403-938-0930. Or you can PM him on here. His username is snowmobilerecyclers. I'm certain he has some 151" rails that can work for you.

He even has a picture of some welded rails and they held up very good. I would think the welder got good penetration eh Dusty??? C'mon - Put the pic up of that skid.

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one in the bottom is the new one that doesnt fit and, it was rebuilt already

Attachments

• 100_2065.jpg
    100_2065.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom