jetting chart

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep it has hac maybe sucking air from somewhere.hey rye that doo seat still around?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
im starting to believe there is something restricting your fuel suction. Perhaps the screen inside the tank is plugged

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
checked carb boots. they looked fine. it bogs after 3/4 throttle.

what are the plugs like maybe running out of fuel or to much fuel.
mine was doin the same thing when i installed the pipes/pods had to go from 350s to 420s may go bigger still. still a little lean imo.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh and it is an s chassis on top of that. i though they died in 99.

No, a lot of the smaller sleds like the 380s, 500's (Formula Touring series) were still offered in the S-chassis until 2000 or 2001 I think. The Skandic's were offered in the s-chassis for quite a few years after '99 as well. Just the mountain and muscle sleds, and trail performance were offered in the ZX or CK3 chassis exclusively past the '99 year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and FYI - the manual lists a 160/150 main jet for the MXZ fan, which will be much lower than what you are running in the summit with the HAC. I would pull the carbs and see what it is, then jump up one or two.

Need to find out what cylinder etc is running lean and for what reason. HAC should compensate for temp/alt, not sure why you are lean all of a sudden unless you changed something or have an air leak.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was the first ride on this sled, we will have to do a full insprection and check out what jets are in it, perhaps the previous owner had placed the wrong ones in it???

And maybe it s just a DOO... JK, Thanks for all of the info, it really helps Mr. Pozzy out! This will give us something to do on Wednesday night.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its a clog. went to pick it up from smurfs and fired it ran good for a few min then died. couldnt get it to stay running. will pull the carbs tonight and look. could be just froze. if there is no clog i will bump up 2 sizes opn the jets. Hey rusty. do you have smurffs jet set? he cant find it. Thanks for everyones replies. will update later

Top Bottom