January snow conditions

Fullthrottle

Reaction score
My husband's riding the last couple days at Renshaw. Snow is awesome, and better yet the trail is the best he's ever seen it. Lots of stucks and had a great day yesterday.

Last edited:

Poo16

Reaction score
Missing two guys in Lucile anyone see a guy on a pro rmk with and orange jacket and a guy on an all black pro rmk with all black klim
Gear, guys were riding around cabin when they went missing around 1pm today. Both riders are expericened riders. Search and rescue has call off there search and rescue due to the conditions up top right now. Anyone in area that will help us look for our buddies would be appreciated. Or if anyone saw 2 guys on pros having trouble today. We will be out tommorrow morning first thing searching for our friends, with search and rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using

Any luck on finding them?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the weather in town?

7deg for about 24h now in Edson and blew a hard all night. Snow settled a huge amount.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
How's the weather in town?

7deg for about 24h now in Edson and blew a hard all night. Snow settled a huge amount.

We got to about +4 but not windy today in town. Supposed to be sunny right through the weekend. My guests have had a great time in the snow the past couple days. Some of the more open areas in Renshaw a little wind blown and tons of fun in the trees. Trail was decent for them, but will probably get rough with the warm conditions the rest of the week. See you Friday Matt.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got to about +4 but not windy today in town. Supposed to be sunny right through the weekend. My guests have had a great time in the snow the past couple days. Some of the more open areas in Renshaw a little wind blown and tons of fun in the trees. Trail was decent for them, but will probably get rough with the warm conditions the rest of the week. See you Friday Matt.

I'm looking forward to it!! See yah fri!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 of us heading up Friday am. Can wait, should be a good weekend and it looks like it's going to be sunny.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got of the hill from renshaw. Trail is decent but will needs a groom by tomorrow forsure. As for the snow. It's super wind blown everywhere. There's was a lot of snow that has fallen from last week. And it's hard pack and wind blown. But where the wind hasn't hit there's still some decent powder. The propane line at the cabin has cracked so if you go up there's no heat. Needs to be repaired. We dug all the snow out that was blown in. Cleared the BBQ. Ran into the Avy girls. They where out testing. Be extremely careful out there!!

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. We chatted with them prior to their testing. We went half back to spirit but we tested a spot and looks sketchy. I'm not an expert in that stuff in anyway but am experienced enough to know be safe

Newgen

Reaction score
The Sk boys are on their way tomorrow. See you on the trail up to the Renshaw Friday morning!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone coming up for this weekend that could make a stop at E&S in fort sask if you could give me a call @ 250 569 0070 looked to get some fuel brought out for me.. Thanks.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too, just got back from one day on Belle and two up in the Renshaw and Linktank couldn't be more correct. Monday was a windy low vis day on
Belle but we could find good snow. Tuesday on the Renshaw was a marathon of stuck sleds. We found some awesome snow and played all day putting
little miles in distance but lots of miles on the sleds. Weds. we were maybe a little tired so we put lots of miles in distance going part way back to
Alberta and finding lots of un-tracked wind blown snow everywhere. We didn't search the corners but I'm sure that fresh powder could be found.
We didn't look at Spirit because of the wind would have loaded the tops that you have to travel under.

Just got of the hill from renshaw. Trail is decent but will needs a groom by tomorrow forsure. As for the snow. It's super wind blown everywhere. There's was a lot of snow that has fallen from last week. And it's hard pack and wind blown. But where the wind hasn't hit there's still some decent powder. The propane line at the cabin has cracked so if you go up there's no heat. Needs to be repaired. We dug all the snow out that was blown in. Cleared the BBQ. Ran into the Avy girls. They where out testing. Be extremely careful out there!!

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went into the honey hole today and had amazing untouched heavy wet snow. We pretty much laid a track on every spot possible in the small riding area.

The snow is setting up fast. Super heavy! Stucks take there toll on the body. Hahaha

Seen a bunch going up lucelle as we are at the cougar den cabins. So I'd assume that's pounded out pretty good. And looking at the forecast. Next 2 weeks aren't looking good

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are leaving Saskatchewan Sat morning for a week in Mcbride.....hope it is a good ride

Won't lie. Id save your fuel money. Or bring a BIG cooler! Lol. Cause looking at the forecast if it doesn't snow your gonna be extremely disappointed.

ridgie

Reaction score
the week has been booked off work for a while...cant change that....but we are not necessarily stuck at McBride.....might be better elsewhere

Top Bottom