JACKSON PREP

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boy you really need those king titles to make it worth while. Almost pay for your weekend...almost..

View attachment 254573
Remember that most of these guys have 2-3 sleds donated, as well as sponsorship deals - I like how Klim (Polaris) was quick to get the vids of King of Kings out right after Keiths win....LOL I sure hope he gets paid twice.

Not picking on Doo cuz I'm sure its similar at most OEMs but jeez...would be nice to see some increase on the payment scale for Pro Women in snocross.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true with brp .

what isnt?

Jay and Blaine's Mods are supplied and built by BRP are they not? Perhaps they don't own them to sell them at the end of the season?

I know back in the day BRP used to supply Vince with a whole fleet that was his to do what he wished with after including mod build budgets. Im sure the penies have been pinched significantly since then.

Likely just a discount on a machine now

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what isnt?

Jay and Blaine's Mods are supplied and built by BRP are they not? Perhaps they don't own them to sell them at the end of the season?

I know back in the day BRP used to supply Vince with a whole fleet that was his to do what he wished with after including mod build budgets. Im sure the penies have been pinched significantly since then.

Likely just a discount on a machine now
The pennies are pinched. Even the DM's don't get demo sleds or SxS's anymore. Super tight on picking up the dinner checks as well. Times are tight I guess.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pennies are pinched. Even the DM's don't get demo sleds or SxS's anymore. Super tight on picking up the dinner checks as well. Times are tight I guess.

probably has a lot to do with them knowing what they have and not much effort has to go into selling it anymore unfortunately.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching vids of some of these guys uncrating new sleds, you can tell they are straight from the race dept. I looked into getting a RD sled. Zero warranty tho.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching vids of some of these guys uncrating new sleds, you can tell they are straight from the race dept. I looked into getting a RD sled. Zero warranty tho.
I bought a 2010 arctic 600 sx one of the only years the public could buy a race sled without gettin a used one from a race team was 10500ish plus taxes and 0 warrenty but it was on of the funnest sleds i have ever owned sled was a weapon for jumping around home and did pretty good at the sask drags when that used to be a thing. There sure built tough compared to a reg sled. Ive never been up close to a mountain mod race sled i imagine its all about light weight and not strength like the sno x sleds

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.......Times are tight I guess.
I have a ton of respect for you man.

.....but for the quote above I just gotta say...............BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................................................(big breath)......................
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................................
(big breath).............................BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here's the press release from a week ago. https://news.brp.com/static-files/66943ceb-9a96-4f25-9b61-4a6e8e955b3c Read the part about record revenue and the SIB. Basically the SIB is a way of dispersing the huge amount of profit they made. They could probably stand to increase the racer subsidies with that kind of cash. Wonder how much all the "ambassadors" get? Powersports made up 45% of sales and saw an increase of 56% in profit. I'm wondering what the real costs of building these sleds are then? :unsure: LOL but just remember to keep making those monthly payments boys and girls. PS - looks like another BOC interest rate might already be on the horizon, so hopefully those payments won't go up too much.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

.....but for the quote above I just gotta say...............BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................................................(big breath)......................
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........................................
(big breath).............................BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here's the press release from a week ago. https://news.brp.com/static-files/66943ceb-9a96-4f25-9b61-4a6e8e955b3c Read the part about record revenue and the SIB. Basically the SIB is a way of dispersing the huge amount of profit they made. They could probably stand to increase the racer subsidies with that kind of cash. Wonder how much all the "ambassadors" get? Powersports made up 45% of sales and saw an increase of 56% in profit. I'm wondering what the real costs of building these sleds are then? :unsure: LOL but just remember to keep making those monthly payments boys and girls. PS - looks like another BOC interest rate might already be on the horizon, so hopefully those payments won't go up too much.

totally agree, they have enough money they could stand to put a little more effort into not being embarrassed by Keith Kurtis year after year.

But why do anything really when people are lining up to buy your stuff. Im sure thats how the bean counters are looking at it.

Heck its April and not a single member of the General public has thrown a leg over the new G5.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So why don't they then? Because trophy's mean dick to shareholders. They have tightened up their demo and race programs to the point they may as well just get out of it in my opinion.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why don't they then? Because trophy's mean dick to shareholders. They have tightened up their demo and race programs to the point they may as well just get out of it in my opinion.

I think they are putting a pile of cash into snowcross. Race Coordinator said they are cleaning house in snowcross this year

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, what happened to all the spring flings, when the manufacturers would have dealers bring out the new next years models to be demo. I guess maybe most of them have a hard time just filling the spring check orders getting them to the customer on time. But really, Norona, kuster, Burandt, Turcotte, etc all get the latest each year early. Why not the actual customers who purchase them? Get them out on the snow for demo days before the snow check sales begin. Not some ambassadors telling you how great it is. Biased opinion I would think to the brand being given to them.
I am not brand loyal. I like to try them all. This year I rented two sleds just to try to see I liked.
Doo boost 165, and Polaris boost 165. I let complete strangers not even riding with us try out the doo. The three of them rode it for 1/2 hr to 40 minutes. Could not thank me enough afterwards. The Polaris boost I think I rode it a total of 20 minutes out of three days. Everyone in our group of seven rode it. I think bring back the demo days before the snow check deadlines and let the paying customers decide.

Now back to Jackson Prep.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, what happened to all the spring flings, when the manufacturers would have dealers bring out the new next years models to be demo. I guess maybe most of them have a hard time just filling the spring check orders getting them to the customer on time. But really, Norona, kuster, Burandt, Turcotte, etc all get the latest each year early. Why not the actual customers who purchase them? Get them out on the snow for demo days before the snow check sales begin. Not some ambassadors telling you how great it is. Biased opinion I would think to the brand being given to them.
I am not brand loyal. I like to try them all. This year I rented two sleds just to try to see I liked.
Doo boost 165, and Polaris boost 165. I let complete strangers not even riding with us try out the doo. The three of them rode it for 1/2 hr to 40 minutes. Could not thank me enough afterwards. The Polaris boost I think I rode it a total of 20 minutes out of three days. Everyone in our group of seven rode it. I think bring back the demo days before the snow check deadlines and let the paying customers decide.

Now back to Jackson Prep.

100% nailed it. Its not just BRP but all manufacturers need to do a better job of getting people on these new machines. Trust me, the dealers push hard to get the latest tech on their showroom floor and on the snow before snow check ends but in the last few years haven't had much luck which is really unfortunate. I remember in 2013 with the XM, 2015 with the T3, and 2017 with the G4 i was on those machines within a week of the release.

Even guys like norona arent getting the time on those sleds that they should. I don't even know that he has one right now.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is interesting they didnt even have a turbo to show on the tour

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ain’t cheap either. Buddy had his kid go all the way to some exhibition games with the Flames. He was damn near broke getting him there. Lol
You gotta pay to play even if you’re good! I have two currently breaking me. My 16yr old is just finishing a camp with the Olds Grizzlys this weekend… he’s done amazing.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gotta pay to play even if you’re good! I have two currently breaking me. My 16yr old is just finishing a camp with the Olds Grizzlys this weekend… he’s done amazing.
It’s a great journey whether they make it or not. They will make life long friends, when your kid is on the ice you know he isn’t doing a drug deal behind the 7 Eleven. Also teaches kids discipline as well and take direction. Sports is good IMO for kids.

Top Bottom