Jackson Hole Hill Climb *Live Feed*

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was busy in the garage and missed the live feed. i wonder if there is a review link someplace on the net?.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The funniest thing about watching the live feed today, was how Keith would have his run finished before the announcer got through his sponsor list lol.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could see the riders having to work harder to keep them on line, but that said they worked well, it was nice to see a yamaha take a win, I see things improving for yamaha in the future....they are back in racing and making changes...good for yamaha

Do you know what kit was on the viper?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know what kit was on the viper?

team Yamaha is using a LCC custom turbo set-up, with a garrett based turbo with Tial housings, they are running around 12psi, I can't find anything on how they are fueling these beasts, K-mod rear skids, they say they are 25 pounds heavier than a M8000 when they are race ready

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Deaner....just stirring the pot....there are some very talented riders out there and they blew up the hill....I noticed in the mod classes that they all had turbos so the motor advantage was removed, sled set-up and rider talent was the ticket

The talent is about 50/50 in picking a decent line and actual riding. You are right, it doesn't matter what brand you are on. With the exception of a select few results (more in the finals and mod classes), the times in a lot of the qualifier classes are within 1 second of each other. Here's the times from the 800 stockers. One small step off line, pick up 2 seconds and you can go from 1st to not even qualifying. Once you've been up the hill a few times, you learn the lines better, and it helps running multiple classes.

13X Erin Beukelman Caldwell, ID Polaris .56.189
128Tyler CrockettPolson, UTPolaris.56.277
47CCarl KusterMalakwa, BC CanadaSki-Doo.56.679
708David Sharp, Jr.Moxee, WAPolaris.56.999
22Toby ShepherdJackson, MTPolaris.57.288
217Kyle HeapEvanston, WYPolaris.57.725
169Dolan PhelpsFish Haven, IDPolaris.58.006
12Steve MartinRock Springs, WYSki-Doo.58.134
318Kyle TapioBattle Ground, WAArctic Cat.58.586
215Cody BurninghamBountiful, UTPolaris.58.867

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Incredible... Not even a second difference between top 4 spots....... I still think they should doo like the snow board and skiing venues.... 3 runs each rider, and use best time .... Kudos to kuster though, riding on borrowed sleds and still placing :)

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In an event like this I think it is around 90% rider. Im pretty sure if you threw Keith Curtis on an XM he would tear up Jackson hole just as fast. And Im not defending skidoo at all. Not brand loyal at all......in fact I dont even have a sled right now. But I love how guys will jump on something like this in order to feel validated in the brand they ride. And I would say the same thing if skidoo had cleaned up and the dootards were on here gloating!

One thing I think makes a huge difference too is each companies race program. From what I have heard, skidoos is horrible. Arctic cats is unreal. Not sure about polaris. But Curtis is definitely uber talented, and taken care of by polaris for it.

can you imagine if it was all doo, man we would never hear the end of it! Looks like the clamps held! Haha
all kidding aside, thanks for saying what a lot of us say all the time, it is rider. I see it here all the time, just cause you bought it don't mean crap.
great event, glad in this over protective world that this event still goes off in an awesome way.

Top Bottom