It's time to honor the heros! (my open letter to the media)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Thats freaking awesome... Yesterday when they asked me for your contact info I was hopeful they might print it but a large part of me felt "no way"

Kudos to the Edmonton Journal for giving a broad public forum to get the "sledders" side of the story out. over 100,000 copies daily plus online readership....not too shabby

Anyone know if any other large publications picked up on it??????

Thank you Susie.

RMK Rider

Reaction score
I hope this letter gets around the world to let everyone know about those heros up on the hill that day. The general public doesn't realize that the same people that were in the avalanche were the same ones that saved many lives. It would be interesting to know in a big auto accident how many there would have a firstaid course and help out like our heros did on the mountain that day with their avalanche course. This is my 2 cents worth. Thank you Susie for this awesome letter.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sent Susie's letter to K-97 in Edmonton as well as several emails to try have her letter read. I was also given about 5 minutes on air this morning to voice my opinion on the Terry,Bill and Steve show. Our positions are quit different and they clearly will not read the letter.
They were understanding and receptive but they have their opinion and the letter will not be read.
If some one wants I can post their written response but it very much in line with other media responses that do not have any kind words towards the choices made on March 13 at Turbo. Kind words for the rescue but not for the choices made.

Last edited:

Smiley

Reaction score
In the Edmonton Journal this morning! :d

The Edmonton Journal this morning!!
Avalanche survivors should be considered heroes

THANKS to everyone who is sending this to the media. That's the ultimate goal......to shine a light on the positives.

Anyway the media is wanting updates on the candles to remember to see who its going, so instead I have also sent them your letter.

Hopefuly they will run it

Very happy to see it in the edmonton journal.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I VOTE SUSIE AND SMILEY FOR OFFICIAL SLED AMBASSADORS TO USA AND CANADA..........:eek:
AW, HECK, LET'S JUST MAKE THEM PRESIDENT(SUSIE) AND PRIME MINISTER(SMILEY).........:)

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the Edmonton Journal this morning! :d

The Edmonton Journal this morning!!
Avalanche survivors should be considered heroes

THANKS to everyone who is sending this to the media. That's the ultimate goal......to shine a light on the positives.

I google'd your name this morning (looking for more newspaper articles) and was blown away by the amount of dedication and hard work you put into this sport. Your name popped up on just about every outdoor forum across the continent. Thank you for all you do, you are a true ambassador to our sport. :patriot::flagca::You_Rock:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I am voting you in as an honorary Canadian. I am the President of the Seymour Arm Snowmobile Club and want to extend a THANK YOU from our club and all its members. If you ever are in Canada to ride im sure you will have no problem finding people to ride with. I will be posting your letter on our website today.
www.sledseymourarm.ca

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you do not mind but i sent your letter off to the Castlegar newpaper, asking them to publish it in the next paper. will keep you posted if it comes.
Thanks again for the letter is great.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If we all want this letter to get places... everyone send it in to the newspapers, if everyone in all teh websites send it in they may have no choice but to publish it. Just an idea

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Susie sent me the PDF file and I sent it to the media outlets in hopes that they would print it. Instead of finding that letter I opened up our local rag and found this picture in the editorial section!! I was FUMING mad!! This crap has got to STOP!!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 74

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Susie sent me the PDF file and I sent it to the media outlets in hopes that they would print it. Instead of finding that letter I opened up our local rag and found this picture in the editorial section!! I was FUMING mad!! This crap has got to STOP!!

get your papers editorial email / contact info. ild like to send him a little something via email...what an asshat

YRED4FUN

Reaction score
Just saw this post today and have to thank you for your thoughts. Well said!

I would like to point out that you did not mention a vital component in the arsenal of the back country snowmobiler. Education! What may or may not influence the outcome of incidents like this is being armed with Avalanche Safety Training courses. (AST) These are readily available, encouraged and sometimes reimbursed through local snowmobile clubs. It should be a must have for anyone who makes a decision about recreating in the back country. So...having said that we all know that human nature is highly unpredictable and even with having the education and knowledge decisions are made that are individual and within our right to choose. Even though the outcome may be negative.

Life can be short, different choices can determine just how short that time is.

Condolences to the families and friends of the victims.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Sorry... I have to admit it made me chuckle....but your right!!! this chit needs to stop!!!!!

Top Bottom