It's time to honor the heros! (my open letter to the media)

driveshaft

Reaction score
Excellent letter, although I may not agree with those deciding to venture into very high risk areas I do believe it should be a personal choice.
That being said as a BCGSAR member I would hope to see a annual donation to Search & Rescue groups in the areas you play in on a regularly bases added to the list of your sledding adventure costs.
In BC search and rescue members are all volunteers. When you may need us the most we give our time, away from our families and love ones to venture out many times into high risk situations to rescue, or worst recover ones body to return to love ones. Although direct rescue cost like fuel and helicopter time are covered by Provincial PEP funding we as groups are left to purchase all our equipment, rescue vehicles, radios, command units, hypothermia kits the list goes on and on. This is done by fund raising, donations, and some lottery funding which is getting less and less. Many groups including my own also put on free avy workshops to try to increase peoples awareness in the back country. Every little bit helps in our efforts to aid you; the back country adventure when you may need us the most in this beautiful yet sometimes deadly playground we call British Columbia

Just a thoughtful reminder
play safe home safe

D:cool:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that your letter was just sent out by the Alberta Beach Club. just got it in my inbox. Your great message is making it's rounds.

Just thought you should know!

Top Bottom