It's an epidemic!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plio is right. I used to be in the Civil Eng biz (survey summers, design draft in winters) and I recall designing some parking lots on Autocad...had to be certain sized stalls and certain number of handicapped spots...plus certain grading for drainage. There are specs for EVERYTHING right up to the color and width of the lines used. I think minimum width was 3.17m.....?

2.52m parking lots are designed right from the Alberta building code. The zone tells you the type of building you can build. Then based on square feet and type of building ( commercial retail for example) there is tables which give you washrooms required, parking stalls required etc Etc

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked it up...3.17m is the City of RD spec for angle parking....seems I only partially killed those brain cells. I will work on that tonight.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see parking a distance away I can deal with...then take up all the spaces you want.....I will even allow pass's to guys with dually's to some extent

I do this where I can because if I park in a normal spot between the lines guaranteed some arsehole will park his junk on either side of me so I cant get in my truck.

If I can't park way out yonder I try to park next to a curb or something and either park on it or as close to it as possible to leave a suitable amount of space between me and the next guy.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
your a good man
I do this where I can because if I park in a normal spot between the lines guaranteed some arsehole will park his junk on either side of me so I cant get in my truck.

If I can't park way out yonder I try to park next to a curb or something and either park on it or as close to it as possible to leave a suitable amount of space between me and the next guy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just don't like door dings and like my mirrors where they are.
5 years and no door dings. Dents and scratches from ex-gf's and every other thing imaginable but no doors.

well if ya got no doors you wont't get no door dings,
icon10.gif

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

your a good man

Now we require a good woman "parker" and all of this would be for naught!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to my information and our go to architect Edmonton min . Is 2.7m established in 1979

perhaps. i was going off memory. problem with alot of parking lots is the contractors will skip out on the surveying aspect during barrier curb construction. have seen them out anywhere from 1-5m. so when your site plan says 10 stalls between 2 barrier curbs they divide it by the total distance. some end up bigger some end up smaller LOL

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw this today at Canadian tire Windermere they already had a note on the windshield congratulating them on their parking skills ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369528638.232586.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369528652.423017.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costco parking lot is nice, they're built for pickups, no single yellow line there, no siree, our memberships pay for double yellow lines. :)

Was thinking the same thing Saturday when I was there. Plio would have been happy everybody was parked between the nice lines and room to open the doors :) membership has its privileges

Top Bottom