It has started !!!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The canucks will be a cup contender this year and they were last year! Anyone who says they aweren't last year is on glue. You dont make it to game 7 of the stanley cup finals without being a contender. The talk of the two AB teams having won cups how many years ago was that? And is there even a single player from those teams still playing for that team?

i realize it is really still only the preseason but just wondering how the cansucks are doing this year?

last night was fairley lack luste.......well chit they sucked it was lack anything except for a whole lot of sucking.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i realize it is really still only the preseason but just wondering how the cansucks are doing this year?

last night was fairley lack luste.......well chit they sucked it was lack anything except for a whole lot of sucking.

I guess it's to bad that last night they didn't have very many of the players playin that will actually make up the regular season team. And yet the canucks still have a 4-3 record for the pre-season, and there has only been 1 maybe 2 games where they played most of the regular season team. So we will just have to wait and see how the regular season plays out but i fully beleive that they will do just as well as they did last year in the regular season.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess it's to bad that last night they didn't have very many of the players playin that will actually make up the regular season team. And yet the canucks still have a 4-3 record for the pre-season, and there has only been 1 maybe 2 games where they played most of the regular season team. So we will just have to wait and see how the regular season plays out but i fully beleive that they will do just as well as they did last year in the regular season.

yah it is too bad

the oil are 4 and 1 though if that makes a difference.......just sayin.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No dought the nucks are still a great team...However every team has a window of opportunity to get it done , some step up,some choke. do the nucks have the mental toughness to come back after choking,i think not. Like Ottawa a few years back,the only way back is to blow it up and reload,like the oilers are doing.
We are in a great position,crappy year another lottery pick then you start to win and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon (ie Chicago,Pittsburgh etc.).Hall,omark ,MPS ,RNH are just too good to be held down to long ,it`s just a matter of time..................

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yah it is too bad

the oil are 4 and 1 though if that makes a difference.......just sayin.

When van had only played 5 games in pre-season they were also 4-1. Just sayin.

We will have to just wait and see in the regualr season i guess because i beleive they will be at the top again at the end of this regular season. Hopefully the oil actually make it into the playoffs this season.:beer:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No dought the nucks are still a great team...However every team has a window of opportunity to get it done , some step up,some choke. do the nucks have the mental toughness to come back after choking,i think not. Like Ottawa a few years back,the only way back is to blow it up and reload,like the oilers are doing.
We are in a great position,crappy year another lottery pick then you start to win and everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon (ie Chicago,Pittsburgh etc.).Hall,omark ,MPS ,RNH are just too good to be held down to long ,it`s just a matter of time..................

yes but the sad thing is we will probably trade them away 1 or 2 seasons before they peak. just sayin.
by the way things are going for the new arena i would be surprised if the oil are even here in 2 years.
Katz was talking to Quebec last season already, his group and him were actually there scoping out the arena etc, at the begining of the year. get ready for it oil fans this time we wont be able to stop it. hopefully something goes through though.

maybe we need bc money and then the govt doesn't even think about it just install the new 650k roof we will pay it after its done.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not going to guarantee a canuck stanley cup win this year but they do have a great chance at it. With injuries happening over the course of the regular season things that look good on paper in the fall may look crappy come March. For that matter what looks good in game one of the playoffs could drastically change by game 7 too. By the way, I dont think people should take preseason games too seriously. They are simply getting a feel of the younger players and capabilities more than anything. I heard NHL has a rule that teams need to dress only 8 regular season players for each preseason games. I watched a game the other night and to be honest never heard of most of the names.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not going to guarantee a canuck stanley cup win this year but they do have a great chance at it. With injuries happening over the course of the regular season things that look good on paper in the fall may look crappy come March. For that matter what looks good in game one of the playoffs could drastically change by game 7 too. By the way, I dont think people should take preseason games too seriously. They are simply getting a feel of the younger players and capabilities more than anything. I heard NHL has a rule that teams need to dress only 8 regular season players for each preseason games. I watched a game the other night and to be honest never heard of most of the names.
canucks don't want any of their stars to break a hip before the season actually starts.....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh oilers will do great....if everyone plays their AHL team against the coilers.

The Canucks will do great....if they start a Olympic diving team

The flames will do great....if they can get iginla scoring early. Get j-blo back to his old self. Put stajan in the minors and bring up some young blood......or start a seniors center and start playing shuffleboard.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the sad part is you have NO cups the other two do !! How are the riot arrests going....................

Check your facts Vancouver hockey teams were winning cups before Alberta even had a team!! There is a reason it's called the Stanley cup and Stanley park. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and a string

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man ignorance must be bliss. Let the numbers speak for themselves and if you include pre-season win loss into your numbers you wont have much to count in post season.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your facts Vancouver hockey teams were winning cups before Alberta even had a team!! There is a reason it's called the Stanley cup and Stanley park. Lol
What year was the last time they won , and was the cup carved out of granite....?? Costco has new fold up chairs ,designed by the sisters ,they gotta be good. They wrote the book on folding under pressure , there is a reason Sedin translates to Folding in Swedish..............

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man ignorance must be bliss. Let the numbers speak for themselves and if you include pre-season win loss into your numbers you wont have much to count in post season.

Yes it is a long season ,however it is nice to see the price of gasoline going down. It does ease the cost of rioting for the average nuck fan.....................

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember living in edmonton when they did the same, lets not have the pot be calling the kettle names.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but you can`t compare those two riots , ours was not on CNN and seen around the world....................500 people to 25000 + Give me a break....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but you can`t compare those two riots , ours was not on CNN and seen around the world....................500 people to 25000 + Give me a break....

like I said Vancouver out did Edmonton in the riot dept. :cool:

Top Bottom