is there decent snow anywhere???

Sledneck55

Reaction score
Hey everybody I really want to break in my sled these days off before i go to the mountains. Does anyone know where there is enough snow to go for a good ride without having to go to the mountains?Would appreciate all replysThanks

RideMud

Reaction score
Brazz has maybe a foot of snow... not enough I'd say for a big paddle mtn hauler. But if you got a ditch bomber, would be good enough to play in. I had a quad out there chopping around couple weekends ago.
Other than that I'm on the same search you are for some snow.... as well as all the other sledders! It will come in due time......Curious if Lodgepole, Rocky, Caroline are any better. Also Robb or Cadomin?!?

Nice to see a guy chopping at the bit to get out and play, would be nice to get out for a ride without the 5hr drive.

Last edited:

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind a little drive Swan Hills has some pretty decent going right now.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you since I'm in Edmonton, but as of last weekend it was pretty good (when we left there was lots of fresh stuff coming down - Saturday night).

skidoo4872

Reaction score
hey guys/girls,,, where is the best place around the swan to go ??? where do you stage and go?? is there a specific spot to go ,, any help would be appreciated thx

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys/girls,,, where is the best place around the swan to go ??? where do you stage and go?? is there a specific spot to go ,, any help would be appreciated thx

We staged from km 28 on the Gas Plant Road last weekend. There's a shack there and a side road to park on. All around that area there seems to be good riding, just watch out for the stumpy areas (still low snow in some areas). We had to rid the road for a few minutes, but then found a marked trail and followed that for a bit.

Stuu001

Reaction score

Hello, you can also stage at the ball diamonds lot right next to the town info center in Swan Hills. It's almost directly across from the Husky station when you come into town on Hwy 33. Heard there's enough snow to play in.....headed there this weekend.

Cheers

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, you can also stage at the ball diamonds lot right next to the town info center in Swan Hills. It's almost directly across from the Husky station when you come into town on Hwy 33. Heard there's enough snow to play in.....headed there this weekend.

Cheers

Ya u can stage in town but you burn a whole lot of fuel riding west toward the good snow. At least double the snow 35 km west of swan. Been out a few times around there and the extra 28 km to the staging area or even further to where I staged last time is well worth it.

Top Bottom