Is the new 1100T really an everything killer?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I guess my theory is that people need to know the truth, I believe that if you were on any yamaha in any variation this new cat would be a definate improvement with the potential for whatever power you want because it is a lighter sled than the yammie and it has terrific suspension and handling compared to them. If you are an Xp rider I think that this sled would be an easy conversion once you figured out how to manipulate the sled because of the extra weight, I have spent many hours on friends Xp's and this 1100 has the same feel sorry to say. In my opinion the M 7, 8, and 1000 is one of the best chassis that Arctic Cat ever built and they did need to make a change, unfortunately for me they went with the rider forward design that I hate so much. I love the idea of the four stroke with its reliability and it will be the future of snowmobiling, I just hope that technology catches up with strong lightweight parts so that someday we can look back at 2 strokes and have a smile on our faces as we realize that we are better off without them. For now I will continue on my white rocket doing a few improvements here and there untill something else comes along. Thanks again to all of the intelligent posts on this thread, I really appreciate it.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how perception is reality, I thought my m1000 seemed hard to ride the first while after a king cat and then the 1100t seemed odd the first few times too. I swapped and rode my buddies m1000 when we were switching and thought it seem antiquated after a few hundred clicks on the pc chassis. I have zero regrets buying the 1100 / no belt issues, no bog issues, no reverse issues, handles aok only issue IMO was the track a 2.5 or 3 makes this a great sled open hill or trees, but you have to know how to ride not just type that you can. Novice rider forget it go buy a rmk pro and have fun.

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys keep saying the 1100t is lighter than a nytro. Most the weights I have seen have been in the 660lb+ range ready to ride. Cat had them stamped 301 kgs. Turbo nytro with goodies is around 640. I don't really care as I will always ride turbo 4 stroke. More just curious

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how perception is reality, I thought my m1000 seemed hard to ride the first while after a king cat and then the 1100t seemed odd the first few times too. I swapped and rode my buddies m1000 when we were switching and thought it seem antiquated after a few hundred clicks on the pc chassis. I have zero regrets buying the 1100 / no belt issues, no bog issues, no reverse issues, handles aok only issue IMO was the track a 2.5 or 3 makes this a great sled open hill or trees, but you have to know how to ride not just type that you can. Novice rider forget it go buy a rmk pro and have fun.[/QUOTE]

Glad you like it, its all yours and your opinion is noted. But why do guys always have to make the silly comments like the above. My opinion, the opposite. If you like trail riding, wrestling with a machine all day and worrying about first year wrinkles, and trying to make enough changes to make em fun, go ahead, enjoy it. the riders who like riding and a machine that performs well every day, all conditions , are having a ton of fun on the Pro and the etec and with a few more issues...on the M8. Just cause its a bear to handle and takes way more rider input, doesn't mean you're a better rider, might even indicate that you make decisions based on a preconceived notion or idea that your choice is right for everyone. A lot of the NOVICES you speak of so condescendingly will likely be riding circles around you with big smiles on their faces in lots of conditions. But have fun man, from another novice.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode one in about 2 feet of fresh, pulled like a freight train in stock form. was heavy for sure, but coming off a 2010 m8 i can say that in a straight hill climb it would smoke me every time.
the handle bars is what threw me off so i didnt get very comfortable on it because i didnt want my sled to feel weird after. would like to see an expierenced XP rider jump on one and get some feed back.
if it had verticle steering i could definitly get used to it!!!!
as for your m1000 vs the m1100.....it would be a good battle for sure, but i hate to say it, but you will probably like your m1000s bottom end grunt more then the 1100 top end power......
my .02
Never seen a 1100 perform but was out with a xp , m1000 and a rmk pro this weekend and my son runs a 2011 m8. The only sled that got close to my sons m8 was the pro and all we had done to it was a can and a helix in the secondary. We bought the sled and took it straight to kenny at mountain magic and had the work done. The guys we were with are good riders but for some reason that m8 just keeps on pulling. I just think kenny did a great job at dialing the sled in and I ride a s/c apex and my sons sled really impresses me. So maybe some of these sleds need to be dialed in by a good mechanic because the guys we were with couldnt believe this was basicaly a stock sled.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never seen a 1100 perform but was out with a xp , m1000 and a rmk pro this weekend and my son runs a 2011 m8. The only sled that got close to my sons m8 was the pro and all we had done to it was a can and a helix in the secondary. We bought the sled and took it straight to kenny at mountain magic and had the work done. The guys we were with are good riders but for some reason that m8 just keeps on pulling. I just think kenny did a great job at dialing the sled in and I ride a s/c apex and my sons sled really impresses me. So maybe some of these sleds need to be dialed in by a good mechanic because the guys we were with couldnt believe this was basicaly a stock sled.
This much I know its all in the set up.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should see a 1200 twin in a 430lb chassis with Kennys set up climb.

Top Bottom