Is it just me, or are people having a lot of problems with fords?

PolarisRMK700PIPED

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As if all the problems with the Fords breaking down wasn't enough, thieves have figured out how to steal new Ford Trucks....ouch.

Police tell 630 CHED Northern visitor picked clean by thieves
5:14am - 3/24/2008

A man visiting Edmonton from northern Alberta lost his brand new pick-up, his quad and a couple of rifles to thieves last night.

The visitor from Beaverlodge was staying at a hotel near 51st Avenue and Calgary Trail and he last saw the shiny Ford Pick-up in the parking lot. Next time he checked, it was gone along with the ATV in the back and a couple of guns stored in the vehicle.

Police tell 630 CHED News the rifles were registered and secured but they're in the wrong hands now. Thieves apparently have found a way to steal recent Ford Pick-ups so if you have one, take extra measures to secure it.
see another reason!

Last edited by a moderator:

uuoody

Reaction score
I have driven Fords at work (in the oil patch) and love my '02 6.0L 2500 Sierra GMC. The reason Ford is the most popular truck in the patch - cheap fleet pricing. If you want fuel economy, handling, ride, and power, drive GM or Chev. Gas or Diesel, doesn't matter.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
The reason Ford is the most popular truck in the patch - cheap fleet pricing. If you want fuel economy, handling, ride, and power, drive GM or Chev. Gas or Diesel, doesn't matter.

So that may be one reason but NOT the only reason ! :rolleyes: Lots of FORDS in the patch that were not purchased through fleet pricing. Been in the Patch since 1978 & seen the changes of autos both in service end & general patch people. The most replies I hear now why there are so many Fords is cause.. In short, They seem to stand up the best & overall are better trucks as per application......

GRD

Reaction score
So that may be one reason but NOT the only reason ! :rolleyes: Lots of FORDS in the patch that were not purchased through fleet pricing. Been in the Patch since 1978 & seen the changes of autos both in service end & general patch people. The most replies I hear now why there are so many Fords is cause.. In short, They seem to stand up the best & overall are better trucks as per application......

I have heard the same thing... If your not going to be in the bush/patch chev/gm is the truck, but if you want a work truck, get a Ford.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Mr.Foot. GM's were a decent work truck until '88 when they went to the independent front suspension on their 4x4's. too many moving parts to wear out on the bush roads, washboard is an absolute front end killer on the GM's. the doors are also very heavy and doesn't take long on rough roads to make a nice truck into a rattling pile of crap. I ran GM's for my slickline unit until '89 then bought a Ford, the oilfield roads in the Cadotte Lake, Little Buffalo, and Red Earth were absolutely brutal. the only good thing I could say about the GM's back in the day is that they always tracked straight thru the wash boards, the Ford would ALWAYS kick the back end out at speed. dunno why...

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I have to say about chev

Cheap hardley efficiant vertuly runs on luck every time

Attachments

• 4c75_1_b.jpg
    4c75_1_b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom