Iron horse trail camping!

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All, myself and a few family members want to ride the Iron Horse Trail and were wondering where everyone camps as i have searched this site and theres seems to b no info, Is this trail only for day rides? As to where we might get a camp spot any help would be greatly appreciated as i and others have never been on this ride before not really sure where to camp.:)

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a campground in st. Paul and quite a few provincial campgrounds. There is also random camping.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't say for sure as we stayed at the St. Paul campground but we saw quite a few trailers in and around the small towns.
There is an official UFO landing site in St. Paul lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many small communities have campgrounds....
.....Waskatenau, where the trail starts on the west end, has a small campground in town
.....Smoky Lake has a campground
.....Glendon has 10 sites in Pyrogy Park...next to the big Pyrogy
.....Bonnyville has a couple of campgrounds listed
.....St Paul as per above post
.....Elk Point lists 3 campgrounds

I'm sure there are many more

so, yah camping would be possible however, I would check ahead if those towns/campgrounds are off road vehicle friendly.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
moose lake near bonnyville has a couple campgrounds or theres random camping too near the trail.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link to campgrounds:

Those are campgrounds in the general area of each town/area...not necessarily on or near the iron horse trail.

example...for the Smoky Lake area...Hanmore, Island Lake & Metis Crossing are each approx. 10-15 miles away from the actual trail....

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks a lot fellas that should be a great help. We will put something together 4sure out of all that info.

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at the Hanmore one from the trail, We also have just picked a spot and gone with it

Top Bottom