Iphone Coverage with diffrent providers

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THe wife and I are think of moving to Iphone's. The thing that we are concered about is the coverage accross Canada and in USA. We do all lot of traveling across Western Canada and into the USA. Wondering which of the 3 companys have the best 3g coverage. I have looked at the maps from telus and Rogers, and they are hard to understand:confused:

Telus has great coverage in ALberta and BC but mininal coverage across the rest of Canada. Rogers has good coverage across canada. One of the things I can not find on any of the website is the coverage in USA for any of the providers.

Also wondering if went with Telus Iphone can send a message to a Iphone with rogers and not get charged??

Any insight would be great:cool:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Iphone from Telus and Bell do not work outside of Alberta at this time...if you cross into BC or SK the phone is dead. US no real service. This is for all the new 3G network phones, it is coming, but it will be a while.

Rogers works across Canada and US, but crappy service.

About the messaging, cant say, I use a Blackberry where the messenger is free no matter what provider...just sayin...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Go with a Blackberry on the regular Telus network, works all across Canada, and the US, and there are US plans you can switch to for vacations. HSPA has a long way to go unless you are a city dweller that doesnt travel.

A LOT of people disagree with me, but in my opinion the IPhone is crap. If you dont like Blackberry, then look at the new Android phones.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with a Blackberry on the regular Telus network, works all across Canada, and the US, and there are US plans you can switch to for vacations. HSPA has a long way to go unless you are a city dweller that doesnt travel.

This is where i run into trouble never lived in the city and i never plan to leave in the city. Live out on the farm for the last 27 years and plan to stay they for a long long time yet.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thanks for the great info Longhorn, that is kinda of what i need to know

This is where i run into trouble never lived in the city and i never plan to leave in the city. Live out on the farm for the last 27 years and plan to stay they for a long long time yet.

No problem, glad I could help a little. If you are on the farm, stay away from Rogers, you will not be happy. Its either Telus or Bell, same towers, same coverage, but Teuls users get first priority on the towers. Telus roams onto the Verizon network in the US, very easy, and good coverage.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iphone from Telus and Bell do not work outside of Alberta at this time...if you cross into BC or SK the phone is dead. US no real service. This is for all the new 3G network phones, it is coming, but it will be a while.

Rogers works across Canada and US, but crappy service.

About the messaging, cant say, I use a Blackberry where the messenger is free no matter what provider...just sayin...

My Telus iPhone worked great in Revy and Valemount:confused:

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A LOT of people disagree with me, but in my opinion the IPhone is crap. If you dont like Blackberry, then look at the new Android phones.

Ad with the BBs you can use BB Messenger for free.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus has great coverage in ALberta and BC but mininal coverage across the rest of Canada. l:[/QUOTE]

There"s more canada? why would you want to go east of the straw curtain?

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus has great coverage in ALberta and BC but mininal coverage across the rest of Canada. l:

There"s more canada? why would you want to go east of the straw curtain?[/QUOTE]

I really do not want to go east from alberta, but the wife has family in Manitoba that we go see often

Top Bottom