Install information for a rear winch on a 02 Honda froman 450

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to install a rear winch on a honda 450 forman and looking for the best way how? Any ideas?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use the hitch connection so that you are pulling with the axle. you will have to make up a 1/4 inch plate bracket. If you had a draw hitch you use a 1 inch ball platform so that you could remove if need be.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use the hitch connection so that you are pulling with the axle. you will have to make up a 1/4 inch plate bracket. If you had a draw hitch you use a 1 inch ball platform so that you could remove if need be.
I thought about that when I was mounting one on my 400 outlander, but then thought about having to put it in there underwater or in the mud, or it getting destroyed after a while from going thru abuse being back there. I agree it's the best spot to pull from, but would be messy when you needed it. I ended up tucking it up as high as I could, used a cheapo 1500 lb superwinch or something it is called that I got from costco for 50 bucks. been on there for 6 years and still works, excellent mod for sure.

rearwinchSmall-1.jpg

Top Bottom