In The Beginning

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my project just picked it up at MM today some of Kens finest work. Zx bulkhead extreme drop and roll and 174 tunnel. Now to fit motor turbo ect. Unsure of the colors yet, Polished tunnel would be nice but are they easy to keep clean?? Have to fit all my things on it and then it gets taken appart and cleaned and deburred and off to powder coating. Will try to keep updates with pictures as it transforms.

Attachments

• Sled Build #1 001.jpg
    Sled Build #1 001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 588
  • Sled Build #1 003.jpg
    Sled Build #1 003.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 574
  • Sled Build #1 004.jpg
    Sled Build #1 004.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 577

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Ron,What ever became of the Turbo King Cat?How did that work out,just got rid of mine!
catmando!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron,What ever became of the Turbo King Cat?How did that work out,just got rid of mine!
catmando!

Sold the sled as a roller and put the motor in a zx and worked out good have to go longer and 995 turbo.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my project just picked it up at MM today some of Kens finest work. Zx bulkhead extreme drop and roll and 174 tunnel. Now to fit motor turbo ect. Unsure of the colors yet, Polished tunnel would be nice but are they easy to keep clean?? Have to fit all my things on it and then it gets taken appart and cleaned and deburred and off to powder coating. Will try to keep updates with pictures as it transforms.

Powdercoat the tunnel. Dont waste your time polishing.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a update still in the fitting stage.

Attachments

• Sled Build #2 001.jpg
    Sled Build #2 001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 573
  • Sled Build #2 002.jpg
    Sled Build #2 002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 571
  • Sled Build #2 003.jpg
    Sled Build #2 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 563

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see that bad boy go. Whatever you do dont let these guys beat you down for riding old iron. Someday they will understand.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see that bad boy go. Whatever you do dont let these guys beat you down for riding old iron. Someday they will understand.
The way i see it i will have less $$$ in it than a new one stock and this one is way more controlable with kens rear skid and trailing arms. But groomed trails are a much easier on the back going up and down. Better stop now on the skid talk because you cannot have both worlds.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way i see it i will have less $$$ in it than a new one stock and this one is way more controlable with kens rear skid and trailing arms. But groomed trails are a much easier on the back going up and down. Better stop now on the skid talk because you cannot have both worlds.

looks good buddy. and we dont bash old iron. we just pick on kev.:beer:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome build, cant wait to see the finished product.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slowly it is coming together. Made some changes to intercooler cooling system on last years turbo waiting to hit the snow and see if i can keep charge temp around 40 degrees f not c.Also has any body done a polished auluminum tunnel and then anodized it not looking at cost savings but looks and weight.

Attachments

• Pipe.jpg
    Pipe.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slowly it is coming together. Made some changes to intercooler cooling system on last years turbo waiting to hit the snow and see if i can keep charge temp around 40 degrees f not c.Also has any body done a polished auluminum tunnel and then anodized it not looking at cost savings but looks and weight.

I think the anodized tunnel would look great. Lot of powder coated ones out there already.

Top Bottom