Importing a vehicle from USA

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has done this and what advice you have from your expeience. I seen on here a while back a thread on this but can not seem to find it. Any advice is apprecited.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.riv.ca/

Read there. I bought a motorhome a few years back from the USA....wasn't too bad. It is VERY important that all the paperwork is to the border crossing (US side) 72 hrs prior to you crossing or you will wait.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok perfect.Thanks Dave thats the information i was looking for.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also be aware what you are getting into for an out of province inspection. That can be a real pain.. vehicle has to be almost stock and in very reasonable shape. If it lifted or has offset rims etc. It can get ridiculous. The inspection is the same as per the gov't requirements but do some research into what shop you have selected to do your inspection expectations can vary a lot.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience bringing project or classic vehicles across?

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good advice Sirkdev. It’s just a stock f150 no lift factory wheels. I’ll do some more research on it but guy says no modification.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good advice Sirkdev. It’s just a stock f150 no lift factory wheels. I’ll do some more research on it but guy says no modification.

Canadian tire does the inspections. Since ita stoxk you shoukdnt have too many ptoblems and not need to hand out "encouragement" to make it pass

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks Big Diesel. Had anyone used a broker to get a vehicle imported? Wondering if there was such a thing if they could get it to border?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Just wondering if anyone has done this and what advice you have from your expeience. I seen on here a while back a thread on this but can not seem to find it. Any advice is apprecited.
Send them the 72hour notice and you will be good. It’s only for checking if the vehicle is reported stolen. If I don’t go get the vehicle myself, I get the transporter to meet me at the us side of the border. They charge too much to cross and it gets confusing. It’s pretty easy peasy. Just follow the export instructions and pay the taxes on the cdn side. Don’t lie. U got this. I use uship.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never pays lying to border guards. They see it all

Last edited:
Top Bottom