ice road truckers wtf?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Talked to a trucker that lived up there ............ he said the whole show is a joke.. The "big hill"" whatever! Guess you have to try and make the show interesting somehow!! Hot lady drivers is definitely a start but don't you wonder about a hot girl that lives way up north with a horse in her house???

And the "native thing" munhoez is simply that most natives don't work in Canada and get so many tax breaks or free things from the government it's crazy yet they tend to complain the most that they got shafted.

That said I have met a few young men and women in recent years that have got decent jobs and are outstanding citizens ........... hope that keeps up cause that certainly hasen't been the case in years past. Don't think Maxwell was being disrespectful just stating a fact around here.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This show started out with good intentions but totally fell on it ass. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much drama! They all complain how bad they have it and if they would just shut up and get the job done they would have it all hauled before they ever got the cameras rolling!!

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they should come out to the interior of BC and spend a day or two with us loggers, they might learn to put on chains.

Have to agree there.
They need to make a show called 'Log Trucking in BC's Mtns' and film it in the winter.

Reactions: LBZ

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just finished reading King Of The Road , book alex wrote , good for a couple laughs

Gader69

Reaction score
I was wondering if that book was going to be a good read

Got Alex's book for Christmas, haven't opened it yet but read Hugh Rowland's book a couple months ago what a joke all he talks about is how much money he can make in a season.Seems to me he is all about the money with no professionalism at all.Doesn't look like he'll be back with Carlile again for another year judging by the last show.Ya gotta wonder how much of the show is drama for the cameras!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Got Alex's book for Christmas, haven't opened it yet but read Hugh Rowland's book a couple months ago what a joke all he talks about is how much money he can make in a season.Seems to me he is all about the money with no professionalism at all.Doesn't look like he'll be back with Carlile again for another year judging by the last show.Ya gotta wonder how much of the show is drama for the cameras![/QUOTE]

Probably about 98%

Gader69

Reaction score
Got Alex's book for Christmas, haven't opened it yet but read Hugh Rowland's book a couple months ago what a joke all he talks about is how much money he can make in a season.Seems to me he is all about the money with no professionalism at all.Doesn't look like he'll be back with Carlile again for another year judging by the last show.Ya gotta wonder how much of the show is drama for the cameras![/QUOTE]

Probably about 98%

Kinda along the lines I'm thinkin'.That Lisa sure is a sweetheart though......

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new show Lisa is on going on the crazy roads through India or wherever they are is stupid. Goat trail to nowhere.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice road truckers hauling in Peru, what next the guys from Deadliest Catch fishing for perch in Sylvan Lake? HAHAHA.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really!!!
Im first nations, i dont got no free truck, chit, i wish i did.
Plz explain how "we" paid for it. Maybe he's got a good job.
Im not startin chit here, im just wondering.

Im sure what Maxwell has to say is Not all natives are like you.

A majourity milk the system. Not ALL!!!

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell means its tax money from working people..paying for that sled.That show is so far fetched from reality .They have strict speed limits and the drive is so boring the drivers watch movies on those little dvd players on the dash.If the trucks go too fast they break the ice road causing a delay with all the other trucks...they have only a small time too get a whole year of supplies in.Cost goes through the roof when they have to fly stuff in.

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got Alex's book for Christmas, haven't opened it yet but read Hugh Rowland's book a couple months ago what a joke all he talks about is how much money he can make in a season.Seems to me he is all about the money with no professionalism at all.Doesn't look like he'll be back with Carlile again for another year judging by the last show.Ya gotta wonder how much of the show is drama for the cameras!

IMO. Hugh Rowland's an A$$ Hole ! Enjoy the book.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I have to say about Hugh Roland Is "there are truck drivers and people who drive truck!"

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When this show first aired I couldn't believe how Hugh treated and talked about the guys he had driving his trucks. Probably the reason he has been running with Carlisle. This guy is a knob through and through and deserves whatever comes his way.:d

You didn't really buy his book....did you?

Top Bottom