I think COVID-19 is starting to eat the brain.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no, this won’t be the one you have been reading about. That sled is supposed to be built off the wedge chassis and I believe it is the sled with the 1160. This was a mountain magic turbo m8 that the freak has talked about before but it certainly isn’t famous machine. It is crazy knowing that literally thousands of sleds have sold over the past few years while this has been posted but not one of the buyers were lucky enough to buy freaks MM M8.

has this machine even been on the snow in the last 3-4-5 years freak???

That's the famous sled we have have been reading about? Doesn't look special.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No no, this won’t be the one you have been reading about. That sled is supposed to be built off the wedge chassis and I believe it is the sled with the 1160. This was a mountain magic turbo m8 that the freak has talked about before but it certainly isn’t famous machine. It is crazy knowing that literally thousands of sleds have sold over the past few years while this has been posted but not one of the buyers were lucky enough to buy freaks MM M8.

has this machine even been on the snow in the last 3-4-5 years freak???

Nobody wants that junk.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a $30000 build I can't sell for $4500. People would rather buy a stock sled of the same year for $4500. That tells me COVID is eating their brain.

A $30000 built 10 year old sled
Means A piece if junk, unreliable sled
Always has always will.
Has nothing to do with Covid.

I agree with covid effecting the brain but not on what people are asking but what people are paying.
Sold my sxs that I bought new 3 years ago for the same price I paid for it.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A $30000 built 10 year old sled
Means A piece if junk, unreliable sled
Always has always will.
Has nothing to do with Covid.

I agree with covid effecting the brain but not on what people are asking but what people are paying.
Sold my sxs that I bought new 3 years ago for the same price I paid for it.

I thought it had the same chassis as the Rev?

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it should be said that this same chassis is what brought burandt into the scene.... sure it is old, but it still works. Not a ton of iron out there for less than $3500 period. Add a G note to it and you are riding a full mod from the days of true full mods. I understand why people don’t want to buy it just from living threw the era of 2 stroke turbos only lasting a weekend on a top end at best due to poor (at best) fuel management. I think that things have sure progressed and so much so that I have a turbo pro with 4000 km on the clock and this year she gets freshened up just because. If the right guy (who wasn’t afraid to touch a wrench in the shop with beers while finessing his machine) were to find this sled it would be gone. The problem is that in this day and age people are becoming lazy/smart (take your pick) and prefer to know they can pull the cord and go and get back to the truck without a chopper or back country rebuild. The right guy is out there..... it’s just finding him. Oh ya, and finding him not already riding a proven reliable turbo 2 stroke.

just my opinion.

This sled will spank any new sled.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it should be said that this same chassis is what brought burandt into the scene.... sure it is old, but it still works. Not a ton of iron out there for less than $3500 period. Add a G note to it and you are riding a full mod from the days of true full mods. I understand why people don’t want to buy it just from living threw the era of 2 stroke turbos only lasting a weekend on a top end at best due to poor (at best) fuel management. I think that things have sure progressed and so much so that I have a turbo pro with 4000 km on the clock and this year she gets freshened up just because. If the right guy (who wasn’t afraid to touch a wrench in the shop with beers while finessing his machine) were to find this sled it would be gone. The problem is that in this day and age people are becoming lazy/smart (take your pick) and prefer to know they can pull the cord and go and get back to the truck without a chopper or back country rebuild. The right guy is out there..... it’s just finding him. Oh ya, and finding him not already riding a proven reliable turbo 2 stroke.

just my opinion.

One thing about Cat nobody built a stronger 2 stroke period. You lay big boost to a Doo or a Poo and Kaboom.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are also talking about the time that Polaris had its second biggest fawk up... second only to the infamous 900. I wasn’t much in the know with doos at that point and only had cats and poo’s. None the less cats were big back in those days and that would be why the well known guys were on them.

One thing about Cat nobody built a stronger 2 stroke period. You lay big boost to a Doo or a Poo and Kaboom.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They still have their issues on boost. You will have to find the right enthusiast to sell it to. Most of us just want to ride have a good time and not have greasy hands working on sleds between rides and can afford to ride newer stuff and replace before they need the new engine around 5000 km.

Friend of mine had a 1000 cat with turbo. Spent a lot of money on it with. Anytime I was around it hood was up. Sold to his neighbour and it blew up. Gave him his money back and told him to keep it. Just the nature of these things.

Top Bottom