hunter's range

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how the trail is up? looking to take the GF this week and last weekend the trail in was rrrrouuuuugghhhhhhhh :tearhairout:...

Anybody been up there this weekend yet?

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from hunters. all i can say is WOW!!!! i'd say a least 2 to 3 FT fresh from the storm last night it was socked in pretty good. the trail is absolutley trashed! my back is still killing me. i still cant get over how much snow is up there

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry bud couldnt stop to take any pics!!!! it was an instant stuck if you stopped! i had already did enough digging!!!!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from hunters. all i can say is WOW!!!! i'd say a least 2 to 3 FT fresh from the storm last night it was socked in pretty good. the trail is absolutley trashed! my back is still killing me. i still cant get over how much snow is up there

i was there to. over the hood snow. was awesome.

kentz

Reaction score
Just rode Hunters on the weekend and what a rip off!

This season they decide to charge $20 for a trail pass??? One trail is shut down due to logging, the other trail has been plowed for the first 8 km's for logging truck access, and you have to ride the ice plow road because the road isn't wide enough to even turn a truck around. WTF? $20 for the last 10 kms to the cabin after you've overheated and melted your sliders? They didn't even groom to the back side!

And anyone that has ridden here before knows that they groom once per week if your lucky!

Sorry for the rant but very dissapointed, won't be going back there for a long time.

the devils reject

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just rode hunters on the weekend and what a rip off!

This season they decide to charge $20 for a trail pass??? One trail is shut down due to logging, the other trail has been plowed for the first 8 km's for logging truck access, and you have to ride the ice plow road because the road isn't wide enough to even turn a truck around. Wtf? $20 for the last 10 kms to the cabin after you've overheated and melted your sliders? They didn't even groom to the back side!

And anyone that has ridden here before knows that they groom once per week if your lucky!

Sorry for the rant but very dissapointed, won't be going back there for a long time.

this 20 bucks chit is getting a little much. We all know theres expenses. But come on.

kentz

Reaction score
Yeah I know! Especially when they groom once per week. If they did it daily for $20 then maybe but lets get real. It was $12 last year with BCSF discount, now there is no discount at all.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode Hunters on the weekend and what a rip off!

This season they decide to charge $20 for a trail pass??? One trail is shut down due to logging, the other trail has been plowed for the first 8 km's for logging truck access, and you have to ride the ice plow road because the road isn't wide enough to even turn a truck around. WTF? $20 for the last 10 kms to the cabin after you've overheated and melted your sliders? They didn't even groom to the back side!

Ride in from the Sicamous side. Usually groomed up real nice.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any fresh snow up top?
Recent pics if you have any

Been snowing for the past couple days. Was up on Sat and found great conditions and very few sleds

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 635

HunterTrailGurl

Reaction score
Just so you know Kentz, on the Ashton/Brash Trail head They have groomed 4 times in the last 7 days.. THEY have groomed to Gordon Sydney second cabin 2 of those 4 times. Yesterday night it was done again; Laforge will be done today.which is also ON this side further Up Mable Lake Rd.You dont like Ashton trail head this year. . GO to Laforge..
.. As for the charge. . check out other hillls. . its the going rate almost Everywhere else. . . The reason there is No BCSF discount is HRSA ISNT BCSF .
Ashton Brash and Laforge are usually done on alternating days so you can hit up the one fresh groomed and then the next day you could hit up the other fresh groomed.. Just because you had one bad day doesnt mean every day sucks. . You win some you lose some.Bad days happen.Sorry your experience sucked.

Last edited:

the devils reject

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so you know Kentz, on the Ashton/Brash Trail head They have groomed 4 times in the last 7 days.. THEY have groomed to Gordon Sydney second cabin 2 of those 4 times. Yesterday night it was done again; Laforge will be done today.which is also ON this side further Up Mable Lake Rd.You dont like Ashton trail head this year. . GO to Laforge..
.. As for the charge. . check out other hillls. . its the going rate almost Everywhere else. . . The reason there is No BCSF discount is HRSA ISNT BCSF .
Ashton Brash and Laforge are usually done on alternating days so you can hit up the one fresh groomed and then the next day you could hit up the other fresh groomed.. Just because you had one bad day doesnt mean every day sucks. . You win some you lose some.Bad days happen.Sorry your experience sucked.

just a question. did all club member have a say when you decided to switch to abc? because i know i was never asked or seen a letter for owlshead club where i was a member last yr. and second thing. and not being and azzhole. $20 a day is getting steep. everyone knows theres expenses. maybe abc and bcsf should reconize other clubs and still offer discounts.

Last edited:

kentz

Reaction score
I would have to agree that $20 is the steepest rate charged anywhere and I go everywhere around BC and Alberta.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Why not be happy & just pay the club's extra 5 dollar increase on a trail pass??

If the five bucks is such a burden stay home, you may need to save enough money for a loaf of bread for Monday.

Top Bottom