HST referendum results in B.C.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just friggin great, 100% of us have to pay for the stupid 28% that voted to go back to an ass backwards tax...F#@k! And the kicker is, the PST is bad for the economy, slows growth (during a recession) nice move people.[/QUOTE]

I made a decision, based on all the info I had, to vote down a tax that was costing me more money because I give the leeches more than enough already and still they come with their hand out wanting more. Maybe if the 72% that hadn't bothered to get off their collective asses to vote had bothered to make an effort the rest of us stupid people would be enjoying the increased taxes. Oh yah by the way this is how democracy works, welcome to BC, Canada (one of the best places on earth to live) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for those that voted with their heart and not with their heads......

Finance Minister Falcon says return to PST will cost B.C. $2.3 billion

This is the words of a politician that just had his political party handed a serious blow. How many ruling parties in BC have ever had something like this happen to them? What else is he going to say, in the political arena this is called damage control. I won't believe any of this governments spoon fed information until we see some actual/real costs. The bean counters can spin numbers however they like to their advantage. This is the same party that assured us a few years back that the HST wasn't even on the table when it came out later that at that time it was already a done deal.......................................... can you say LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just friggin great, 100% of us have to pay for the stupid 28% that voted to go back to an ass backwards tax...F#@k! And the kicker is, the PST is bad for the economy, slows growth (during a recession) nice move people.

I made a decision, based on all the info I had, to vote down a tax that was costing me more money because I give the leeches more than enough already and still they come with their hand out wanting more. Maybe if the 72% that hadn't bothered to get off their collective asses to vote had bothered to make an effort the rest of us stupid people would be enjoying the increased taxes. Oh yah by the way this is how democracy works, welcome to BC, Canada (one of the best places on earth to live) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree it was a pretty sad showing of voter turnout. imo people should not complain one way or another if they did not vote. Anyway, the bottom line is the following:

Health care and education ask for more money all the time between wages etc etc. That money has to come from the tax payers. If there is not enough money to cover these demands then these unions go on strike. So government says ok lets raise the taxes to cover it. If it were me making these decisions I would completely restructure the whole process and make it run like a business but a non-profitable business. For example, if I have a problem with my foot I have to go to my GP to say yup you need to go to a podiatrist so I will make you an appointment. Why on earth cant I go directly to the podiatrist?? This extra visit costs tax payers money every time as the GP wants his cut. How about the support staff for the hospitals. These people prepare food, clean floors etc etc. They make over $20 an hr who are mostly immigrants who have no formal education. On the other hand a nurse makes roughly a max of $32/hr and she has to go to school and we put our lives into their hands. This is crazy! Support staff should not be making that kind of money! Here is BC the government liquor store employee makes over $20 bucks an hr plus benefits. Not a difficult job! Anyway, we all complain about tax increases but we are unwilling to change and make things run more efficient so governments get the pressure and feel they need to increase taxes to continue this crazy circle. Sorry for my rant but I hope one day we all see that a major change is necessary.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all I know that this will be adding an extra 3 hours a week to my paper work....and oh ya....hotel taxes will go higher again.....welcome to BC the old tax system....:rant::rant::rant:

Top Bottom