How to keep ramp doors from freezing shut

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As it says I'm having a problem with the rear and front doors freezing shut and having to almost run at them to open them. Any ideas/solutions? The furnace that now works was not on.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make it a habbit to wipe the edge down before i shut the doors and all good takes to seconds or get a one in foam strip to keep water out.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the foam and I'll get some grease. Thanks for the help its kind of a pain new sled and cant get it out of the trailer.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spray it with pam or cheap oil spray, grease is a friggin mess.
True! There is even a silicone based spray available that might be better. I has some but it is for the rubber on my drysuit and bought at a dive shop. I am sure you could get similar at any store but the vaseline lasts longer. The spray on doesnt seem to last, thats why i use a THIN coat of the vaseline on the door seals.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spray it with pam or cheap cooking oil spray, grease is a friggin mess and you'll only do it once to figure out why.
PAM PAM can you call my mother. Oh wait wrong commercial. LOL I like the idea of Pam Keep a can of it in your trailer and spray the seals just before you close up the doors.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that whatever you put grease on is gonna be a magnet for dirt and grit. Might work in the dead of winter OK but when there is dirt and gravel on the ground or getting tracked into the trailer, it won't be pretty

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing like having bubba load his sled and then flopp his now big greasy azz all over your $50,000 brand new truck, i'm thinkinya get the picture i'm painting. good luck with bubba fixing the seats.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silicone lube... every second time you use the trailer and you will not have any more issues with freezing. I don't seem to recall dust sticking to the seals in the summer either.

HILCLMR

Reaction score
WD40, Water Dispersing 40th Formula. Works for me, and you probably already have it in your trailer.

Top Bottom