How to carry spare shovel

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always amazed at people who get stuck and pull out a shovel. Most all stucks do not require a shovel. I might pull out a shovel 1 or 2 times a year to dig out a sled.

Maybe a how to video is better!!!
I agree with this statement. Its pretty rare for me to pull out my shovel. Mostly just pack snow down with my boots and either tug the front around or roll the sled over.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with this statement. Its pretty rare for me to pull out my shovel. Mostly just pack snow down with my boots and either tug the front around or roll the sled over.
Been a few years since I shoveled too. But my Snow bungee gets a work out everyday.

uker7

Reaction score
I found I wasn't using my shovel to get unstuck because I was too lazy to take my pack off. I would just pack down and move snow with my feet. Last year I got a lock and ride bag, outfitted it with a big beefy bca shovel. I grab it right a way now since its not an inconvenience and the biggest difference is the amount of energy you can conserve taking a few calculated scoops instead of using your feet to get just enough snow moved to grunt the sled out or over. I can count a few times where I was in a spot with no help coming and the only safe way of getting out by myself was a making a large ledge, pretty much impossible with just using your feet.

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For many years we didn't use our shovels to get stuck sleds out. Now it seems that it takes a lot less effort and the old body feels better at the end of the day when a guy pulls out the shovel and takes a few minutes to move a little snow. To the guys that think that this is ridiculous, good on you. I sure appreciate the input.

Along with shovel storage, i am also looking for a better place to store the Snobunge. I already have the shovel so why not bring it along.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My shovel that lives on my tunnel is my best friend. My snow shoes are next. Ever try to walk over to help a buddy in a couple feet of snow? :(

Snort

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what concerns me as well. I don't plan to put anything too heavy in whatever i use but those straps have me suspicious.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a few years since I shoveled too. But my Snow bungee gets a work out everyday.

I very rarely use a shovel to get unstuck but when breaking trail and filling in creeks and making snow bridges it is nice to have a spare on the tunnel. Cheetah Factory Racing has a nice bag for their racks that has a spot to mount a shovel.

Top Bottom