How NOT to load a sled

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He hadn't even had a beer yet. Too much throttle, the nose went straight up and slammed on the roof.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on this note...isn't there a mode on the new skidoos to combat ths sorta thing..learners mode?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its fair to say we've all had our special moments loading sled n stuff, but that makes my little gems seem insignifigant.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately have seen more wrecks in the parking lot than on the hill over the years. Enclosed trailers have helped this problem alot. Lol.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered how or why these things happen, aside from the obvious of too much throttle.:)

Quickly spinning track contacts stationary traction surface causing rapid and sudden acceleration and...... :(

I recall a similar thing happening to someone on here when transitioning from ice to concrete going into a garage, thereby causing violent contact between said garages overhead door and sled operators skull!

Ken face 002 15.JPG

Last edited:

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks.... Bet your buddy won't be lending his truck anymore. I think people with some experience should be loading the decks. Seems every year we see pics of this. Hope insurance will cover that for him

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That really sucks. I make sure I load sleds on my deck. Easier on the friendships that way if something like that were to happen.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

Top Bottom