How many of you have?

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a small survey on how many people of have taken a rider clinic?
Where did you take it?
What did you learn?
How was the teaching?
What would you like to see next time?
Was there any female riders?
Do you know anyone who would benefit from a clinic?

Riding has evolved so much over the last number of years, have our skills evolved with it? Sleds have progressed and we no longer need to use muscle to force the sled where we want to go. By developing good fundamental techniques, most riders can ride more days in a row, longer hours and have more fun, while accessing more challenging terrain.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No clinics, but have had the opportunity to ride with some great riders over the years. Often "schooled", too, occaisonally have schooled a few myself lol. My suggestion is to ride with as many experienced riders as possible, and ride often.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to a clinic with Chris Brown last year in Golden. Since I was quite new to the sport, I learned quite a bit. I had a good grasp of basics, but Chris was always there to give you little tips and tricks to improve what I was doing and make it easier. The biggest thing I gained from the clinic was improved confidence, especially in the trees. The teaching was excellent. Chris was an excellent teacher, and was often there to help you out even when I didn't know he was there. I'd mess something up, and he would be just above me, throw out a little tip, and I would get it. He is also trying to push everyone past their limits of comfortability. As for what I would like to see next time, MORE SNOW, as it had been a while since it snowed, but our guide took to us some places where we could find some fresh. I'm planning on doing it again this year, and I'm hoping to learn more about tree riding, specifically route selection.
There weren't any females in the course.
I honestly think the majority of the riders out there could benefit from learning from a guy like Chris.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We believe most riders, even the more experienced riders can benefit from taking a clinic because it forces you to slow down and think about your every move. Clinics can definitely improve route selection and open new terrain by giving riders the confidence/skills to ride more technical terrain.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never tried a clinic, learned everything on my own from skating to sledding and everything in between. It just takes getting out there and riding etc to learn imho! I couldnt be bothered. This sport is expensive enough as it is....

Thats just my opinion though, not saying its for everyone.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From our experience most riders have habits that hold them back. Habits that make a sled feel heavier then they are.... So one of our goals with our clinics to change the way riders think of the sled. I view a sled more like a mountain bike then a 500 pound machine. With some simple fundamentals the sled can do all the work for you. I'm yet to take a rider out that didn't improve. I myself beleave you can never be such a good rider that you can't improve from somebody being critical and constructive of your most basic skills to your most advanced

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, everytime we ride with a more experenced rider, we gane, if that person is good with teaching, you will improve even more, mountian riding is very personal, but as we have seen through the last few years, there are many skills a person can learn and perfect, making us a more confident rider and safer. i had the chance to tag along with weirboondocking on a ride, Very much worth it, you have to have the open mined to learn something new and you will, we had a great time, i think its important to spend some tome practicing the skills we learn to profect them, i think we all think we ride better that we do.

giddyup

Top Bottom