How long to wait

Ape

Reaction score
So I bought some snowmobile parts from a vendor that advertises here on this site back in February. Parts show up but are the wrong ones. I contact vendor and inform him. He says he will ship proper ones. A month goes by and no parts so I contact him. He says he shipped by bus but has no way to track the shipment ( I will get back to this in a bit). Says he will ship again and a month later still no sign of parts. He had asked me to sell the original parts for him here bit by now I have decided that I no longer want to deal with him and send the parts back to him via bus asking for a refund of my funds. A month later no sign of a refund so I track the parts ( here is getting back to the parts tracking) with in 15 minutes I am talking on the phone to a nice lady on the other end that has the package and knows him personally. After many unanswered texts he finally responds that he has been busy but will pick up the package and refund me my money. This was in August and I have yet to see a refund on my card. So how long do I wait before I start informing people on this site not to deal with this guy. It was funny because in the middle of all this he would not answer his emails or phone calls from me until I posted on here for someone to let him know I am trying to get in touch with him. About 10 minutes later my weeks of emails were answered so I deleted my post on here. What would you guys do.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't give you the answer to your problems, but I can share a short story of my own.
Back in 2012, I ordered a turbo kit for my rmk 900, from a builder in Utah. I prepaid for this kit, $5500.
And sent him a stock head to get machined. As the months go by, I do not hear from the guy. I make a few phone calls and always got the same answer. "it's a one off kit and takes time to build". Fair enough, so I begin the season on my stocker. Halfway through the season, I absolutely crater the sled. So I bought a new pro. I called the turbo guy, and he tells me I can switch the kit from my rmk to my pro, cause all the important parts have yet to made. This is in January, I ordered it in August. Eventually, I get my kit in the mail, and it's mid march.
I install the kit, and begin testing. At this point I'm happy again, and he's answering all my calls. The kit came with no instructions at all. So its getting more difficult to tune, and contact the guy. I melt the sled down, and have to fork over a couple grand to fix the pro. I eventually get it together again and bring the sled to another builder, absolute power. He has it running top notch in a few days, hasn't missed a beat since.
Fast forward to 2013, I still haven't seen the head for my pro, to replace the stock one I sent., etc... My point, even though I was taken, and ended up spending way too much for what I got, there is always someone out there who can help. No good came out of me putting his name out on here, and I'm sure he doesn't care. But I'll tell you and everyone who asks who it was, just not on line. Because one day, I might need something from him that I can't source anywhere else.

Ape

Reaction score
I was able to get the parts I needed from the guy that makes them and sells them to this guy. I haven't posted his name or company on here in order to give him the benefit of the doubt and I don't like to get into pissing contests. I will share the name in private to anyone that asks but I hate to see anyone else go through this. A guy could make a good living this way if he really wanted to and has no conscience which I wonder about. As for needing something from him in the future I would sell my sled and take up snowshoeing before dealing with this turd again.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're correct in saying that little good will come out of this if you decide to post the vendors name. Make sure you think it through..rash decisions (not saying you have as obviously over this time you've had some time to think) rarely lead to something good. I've had similar happen a few times in the past. Easiest way I found was to contact your credit card company and file a claim or complaint. I've usually had things resolved within 30 days in those cases. Additionally continue to call him. Usually the squeaky wheel eventually gets the grease. Good Luck

Ape

Reaction score
I hate see anyone else get caught using this guy and stung for hard earned cash. Be careful he is in your neck of the woods. Don't get bitten.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know who he's talking about, but its his thread and I'll let him tell us. I know he's a dealer that has some bad rep here on Snow and Mud before, lives in Sask, had a booth last year but not this year, and generally should not be in business anymore. Just ask Chrisco his opinion of this guy. That's about all the clues i can give.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I had something to sell you Ape. JK

Posting the name may not help your situation, but it can go a long way in helping others avoid dealing with that vendor or may even force said vendor to reconsider the way they do business. Why would you or any other member of this site want to support them in any way?
As for wanting to use the same vendor again, Fawk me once, shame on you. Fawk me twice, shame on ME!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know who he's talking about, but its his thread and I'll let him tell us. I know he's a dealer that has some bad rep here on Snow and Mud before, lives in Sask, had a booth last year but not this year, and generally should not be in business anymore. Just ask Chrisco his opinion of this guy. That's about all the clues i can give.

if its this guy from sask then yah i think i know who your talking about, he had mod rod vents for a dec % off so i want foot well ones, seen this deal on facebook and asked him if he had foot well vents and he did. so then i wanted to buy them.... EMAILED nothing... messaged his facebook business site again a few times. NOTHING. Emailed again about my email and my facebook posts..... NOTHING.

terrible service. Finding the right stuff in sask is hard and he lost any kind of business i was going to give, going to buy straight from mod rods at stoon sled show.

and its not the vents, its the principle.... he carries cans, heads and other parts i will be interested in this summer for next year and ill look else where.

Last edited:

Ape

Reaction score
I think most of you know who he is. I am going to give him a few more weeks to make this right and then he will be named. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and a final chance to right this in case he cares about his business and his name. I just wish I had seen a thread about him before I sent him money. Oh well like I told him in a text I guess I can chaulk this one up to a lesson doing business on the internet. Thank god it was only a couple hundred dollars and not thousands like we all tend to spend in this sport.

Ape

Reaction score
Wish I had something to sell you Ape. JK

Posting the name may not help your situation, but it can go a long way in helping others avoid dealing with that vendor or may even force said vendor to reconsider the way they do business. Why would you or any other member of this site want to support them in any way?
As for wanting to use the same vendor again, Fawk me once, shame on you. Fawk me twice, shame on ME!

The only reason I used him was because of his connection to this board. Another lesson learned. Ask questions before commencing doing business on the internet. I hope he see this thread and does the right thing but I doubt it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your killing me! I want to know who it is. Sorry to here about your dilemma that's is not nice to here! I like to think that karma will take care of those types of guys. In the future just deal with Deano on here then you know you will get treated right!

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Please PM me the name of this said vendor. We hope the vendors that advertise on the site are straight up good business people, if not they are not asked if they like to renew there ad campaigns. There can be two sides to every story as well, its tough for us to make that decision. But If we hear of stuff like this happening please let us know by PM, sometimes these issues can be solved by PM within the site before it gets all over the internet. I would think a vendor would do what they could if they know a mistake was made.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I would like to know who he is before dealing with him, and I would feel bad if I could have prevented someone else from getting burned but didn't. Especially if others had issues as well. Just saying.

Top Bottom