How do u work on your sled?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been throwing the idea around in my head to go get some sort of sled lift to elevate the fat cat off the floor when doing work and maintenance. Wondering what guys are using that works good for all sorts of things. I don't have much room in my garage anymore so I'm not looking for something that takes up a lot of room. Any pics of what you're using would help too!! Thanks!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use three milk crates for a lift. Two for the skis, and one for the track.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am using a sled lift from Princess Auto... I think it was around $250??? sorry no pics but it takes up little room and it is suppose to lift something like 700 lbs. It seems to work fairly well and I can run sled and spin the track while on it, although it does look pretty flimsey..

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a couple peices of 2x4. Secured two along the roof trusses then two across those 2x4s. Choked a sling around the 2x4s then I just use a nice heavy ratchet strap. Picks up the sled no problem. If I know it's goin to hanging for a while I just slide a block under somewhere. This homemade lift works great for a quick spin of the track or adjusting steering and what not.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
use to have a 2x4 drive on ramp. the ramp part was just a triangle/wedge 2x4 and ply wood. but it took up so much room and i couldnt move it around. now i run one of these. easy as hell to build. got mine off ebay. its already been through hell...lol. there is never a sled not on it...holdin up very well!

20121207_073940.jpg

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an abundance of the large coolers. Work well, and room to keep tools, parts, and bevy's off the floor :D

Attachments

• IMG_2063 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2063 (Large).JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 383

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2 post 8000 lb vehicle hoist.

Lifts trailers , sleds , quads , ect.

Nothing better to change a track ect at any height.

from my HTC

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been throwing the idea around in my head to go get some sort of sled lift to elevate the fat cat off the floor when doing work and maintenance. Wondering what guys are using that works good for all sorts of things. I don't have much room in my garage anymore so I'm not looking for something that takes up a lot of room. Any pics of what you're using would help too!! Thanks!

PM sledlift on the forum here and see if he is still selling them. He used to sell one similar to the Princess Auto style but it is built much better. I had a PA one and gave it away, too loose in the pivots and the jack is junk IMO. I built a side loader style but I would get one from him next time.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
PM sledlift on the forum here and see if he is still selling them. He used to sell one similar to the Princess Auto style but it is built much better. I had a PA one and gave it away, too loose in the pivots and the jack is junk IMO. I built a side loader style but I would get one from him next time.

sledlift is no longer around, he stopped making them all together. and changed his username back to what it originally was "boots"

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • open door, turn up heat
  • crank stereo, turn TV on for background viewing
  • have beer
  • stare at sled with anger
  • have another beer...see what Holmes is building on TV...look back at sled in anger
  • take hood and side plastics off
  • stare in horror wondering how one is supposed to work on this thing with all the crap in there
  • have another beer
  • start taking stuff apart...drop washers in behind motor...swear
  • take seat off
  • take gas tank off...spill about a 1/2 gallon on floor
  • take heat shield off of exhaust...find dropped washers
  • have another beer
  • give up for evening
to be continued....

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a sled lift that I purchased on-line from some outfit in Ontario for around $ 300.00 + $ 40.00 for shipping. I have had it for quite a few years and it works great.

Billy Boy

05raptor666

Reaction score
I downloaded blueprints online and built a sledlift. It is similar to the ones from PA but I used heavier materials. Also have a chain hoist in the rafters in case I need more height.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very miserably, last weekend did a motor swap and back is still recouping. Like the cooler idea, lots of them around from soap stick purchases! Think i am going to build a four post over head crane for one of the bays. I have a 3 ton out side for loading decks etc I will make a smaller version of it

Top Bottom