How do I get my gfs m1000 to get lighter steering feel

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I was saying, the 1000 is heavier than the 800 there is no denying that period! Was in the same position as you. She now rides an M8 and is way more confident and happy!!

mason1000

Reaction score
Haha I am completely willing to buy a new sled if I get to get on the hills! That being said I am hoping to get her on a few different sleds rent / borrow for a day and see what she likes best. I also put 80 psi in the front end and cranked the front track shock a bit and let the air out on the rear to 120 psi and its not perfect but we had a good day and she had some fun. Still beat out but at least she was smiling coming off the hill today and doing things I never! Thought she would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mason1000

Reaction score
Pic

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860218.746198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860218.746198.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 171
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860252.865963.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860252.865963.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 170
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860283.117208.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324860283.117208.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 162

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can get her on a few sleds that would be ideal. The pro really is super easy to ride. Chances are if she's coming off a 1000 she'll pull it over on top of herself a few times. I super over compensated when I came off My M8. Was upside down a fair bit, then I realized I didn't have to work as hard and it was awesome.

cheers!
Momma :)

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all reality the pro is a perfect chassis for a women rider, light and flickable, she will need a bit to get used to it but she will feel the difference b4 even getting to the cabin,I know there will just as many on here that say the 1000's are great sleds, and they were, but I don't give a fk what you do to the skid and shocks, when that thing is flat stuck like in that pic, you'll be wanting the lightest thing possible to dig out for her, and that deep freeze on ski's ain't light!A lighter sled will be ten times more enjoyable for her, which equate's to 20 times more enjoyable for you!!

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all reality the pro is a perfect chassis for a women rider, light and flickable, she will need a bit to get used to it but she will feel the difference b4 even getting to the cabin,I know there will just as many on here that say the 1000's are great sleds, and they were, but I don't give a fk what you do to the skid and shocks, when that thing is flat stuck like in that pic, you'll be wanting the lightest thing possible to dig out for her, and that deep freeze on ski's ain't light!A lighter sled will be ten times more enjoyable for her, which equate's to 20 times more enjoyable for you!!
The Doo boys are going to be all over the perfect for a women comment, these sleds are just better for everyone. Anyone who spends a little time on one becomes a better more confident rider, just so easy to ride!!

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8 is easier sled to ride but the limiter strap is a good start some simmons skiis help on the trail as well or I am selling a m8 turbo and the skiis won't touch the snow..LOL.
Merry Christmas all

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8 is easier sled to ride but the limiter strap is a good start some simmons skiis help on the trail as well or I am selling a m8 turbo and the skiis won't touch the snow..LOL.
Merry Christmas all

Simmons skis lol are you kidding me I had those and hated them, probably bent my steering post just trying to turn with them on. I Just put stock skies back on. This is on a nytro but probably same idea

Sent from phone

mason1000

Reaction score
Ya the limiter strap is all the way out I checked it again today I cranked the front shock up and it still lays flat doesn't wheelie much it is much better

mason1000

Reaction score
A question about relocating te front and rear arms on the skid does this require any aftermarket brackets? And if not are there multiple holes under there to move it to and if so what holes should I try thanks

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A question about relocating te front and rear arms on the skid does this require any aftermarket brackets? And if not are there multiple holes under there to move it to and if so what holes should I try thanks

Look up "Geo mod" on this forum. It involves relocating front arm to lower bolt hole in tunnel (has to be drilled from inside, but bracket is there), and moving top of rear scissor forward and up from present mounting point on drop bracket. No parts required - measure twice, drill once. If you can't find it, PM me.

Top Bottom