How do I get my gfs m1000 to get lighter steering feel

mason1000

Reaction score
We went up to Lucile today and she was burned out my the time we reached the cabin. That caused her to have a really rough time in the deep and caused massive frustration . Any help would be great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mason1000

Reaction score
I will check it out but what about the shocks air pressure or compression on the coil should I loosen it or tighten it

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found that the best idea was to buy a M-8. the 1000 is def. heavier and you have to ride them more aggressive. If she's just learning than it will be tough. I went thru the same problem. Now she feels more comfortable and confident. What r u riding? Maybe trade her and c how she feels.

mason1000

Reaction score
I bought matching m1000 s so maybe I will rent a proclimb for her to try. Is an 800 really that much easier to ride?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
800 m series and 1000 m series aren't any different in ride. The steering on them is tough after a year if the previous owner hasn't lubricated the steering. The new pro climb is a lot easier to ride than the m series chassis.

mason1000

Reaction score
I bought them new but I will look into that tomorrow also I will check the grease nipples on the steering

mason1000

Reaction score
Sounds good I will start with the skid then the front thanks for the help

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of things to help M1000: relocate rear arm, burandt revalve in rear skid (08 up only), get rid of free excess weight - foam under the hood, etc. A set of MODS skis are awesome, kinda like putting power steering on the sled (wifey has these on her M-8), can drop front arm to lower hole in tunnel mount. I don't recommend softening the rear shock, as it will have a tendency to trench in powder. A bit more center shock spring preload and softening ski shocks would help, but not the cure.
If it were mine, it would get MODS skis, a Burandt revalve in rear skid from Nexxtech (and set for rider weight), and lastly, relocation of front and rear arms in rear skid. Cheaper then a new sled...

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own one.Lengthen your limiter strap and pump up your shock pressure on the front end!

mason1000

Reaction score
Well I'm going to do a decent set up on it and let her try it and if nothing comes of it then we will try a pro climb and a new pro and see how she likes it

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would soften the front shocks and the rear shock. Then tighten up the front track shock. Just do a little at a time.
x2 just finished messin wirh a buds last week and he said it works alot better.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a woman's perspective. Yes it takes more effort to ride an M1000 than an M8. Been on both. Sucks if you become fatigued riding. That's when mistakes happen. No fun to fight your ride.

An M8 is easier than a M1000, the new Pro climb 800 is nice to ride, was on one for work a couple of days ago, and the pro is probably one of the easiest sleds I've ever had the opportunity to ride. Good luck! :)

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let too much out of the front shocks or it will tend to washout the frontend like a bike in the corners,an it will be worse for her.. Start with the front limiter. One notch at a time.. I had both sleds at the same time, the 1000 wears anyone out after awhile..

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the limiter will make any difference. When you are on your sled the limiter is loose. The only time the limiter is tight is when you have it pinned. The limiter will control ski lift at full throttle but not putting around in the trees. You need to adjust the front track shock spring.

Top Bottom