Hotel info please...

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stayed in Swan Hills, what do you recommend / not recommend hor the slim pickins out there ? Planning a weekend for hubby and I, dont want the Bates motel.

Thanks

Also planning weekend for whole family in Rocky Mountain House....

Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would recommend to drive to Fox Creek and stay in the hotel that is farthest south on the highway toward whitecourt,we stayed there and it is nice and new,wish I could remember the name but it is nice!
catmando!
If it is for sledding you can ride right out of the parking lot!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Swan Hills Hotel Directory: Hotel & Motel listings for Swan Hills, Alberta

http://www.townofswanhills.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=28

I've never stayed in Swan Hills before so the above link might help you out if you choose to inquire.

Yes it is the Foxwood in Fox Creek but to me you'd be better off in Whitecourt simply because it's closer. So with that in mind, I've stayed at The Nova Inn on the north of town just off hwy 43 next to the UFA. If interested, check it out also Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

Good luck :)

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay at nova inn in whitecourt, easy access. you only stay in swan hills if your really need to. they need better/newer places in swan hills

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope your not planning to stay in swan hills by choice, the only reason to stay there is for work and if you have a cheap client that wont pay for the travel to whitecourt. Stay in whitecourt if at all possible

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Grizzly Motel(not by choice)....we were sledding to whitecourt from Athabasca but it was getting late and the temp was dropping fast and we had two 10 year olds with us. They gave us a beer when we checked in and then there were two police take downs in the middle of the night! I know for a fact I will never stay there again even if its -40. We took a cab to the burger baron for supper....it was ok-ive had worse. Not sure of the other motels in town but stay away from this one!!

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a new hotel the called the welcome inn. Nice little cabins. It's on the far end of town heading towards slave lake

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We stay at one of the hotels on the left as you come into town from Ft Assinboine. OK place but we had to show the lady how to work her credit card machine for the chip cards. Only knew a few words of english but place was clean. Will go back for sure. There to sled not to inspect the hotel.
BUT also dont want to stay in "THE BEDBUG INN" either:eek:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Grizzly Motel(not by choice)....we were sledding to whitecourt from Athabasca but it was getting late and the temp was dropping fast and we had two 10 year olds with us. They gave us a beer when we checked in and then there were two police take downs in the middle of the night! I know for a fact I will never stay there again even if its -40. We took a cab to the burger baron for supper....it was ok-ive had worse. Not sure of the other motels in town but stay away from this one!!

we stayed in swan a couple years back for a night. we went to the no english speaking place old but clean. wives wanted better. checked out the griz..lol i dont think even a grizzley would stay there. holy fawk how does it stay open. it had holes in the bathroom walls,mold alog the edges of the bathroom wallls, women at the desk was smokin like a freekin old cat with the fuel pump cranked up. the wives came out there at a full run. lolit was pretty disgusting i think if i had to i would stay in a dumpster first. just sayin.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as for restaurants there is one thats open for lunch sammy's i think. good for lunches. you can also get bag lunches from super a foods

Top Bottom